http://www.rankingshq.com/etc/article.a ... icleId=218
The only problems I really see with this is the unit size caps, and the one rank getting rid of steadfast.
Notable changes include:
- Dropping the steadfast removal
- Introducing a general shooting restriction
- Increased unit size limit
These changes are based on the feedback given here and on captains' feedback. As far as we can tell, the general restrictions are now in line with the wishes of the majority.
A lot of the (rather few) objections to the proposed magic system seem to derive from not understanding how it works. An explanation is forthcoming.
What remains is to tighten up the army specific restrictions. We ask you to play some games with these rules and give us feedback on which armies/units/items need additional restricting. Feel free to suggest how to restrict as well.
Mixed units will be dealt with seperately (in army-specific restrictions), but we have not had time to do this properly. You are welcome to make suggestions here as well.
An update on mixed units and LOS system will follow in the near future.
We are aware that the language in this document is not bullet-proof. The main reason for this is to keep the document as short and simple as possible. You should be able to "connect the dots". If not, we will clear it up in a FAQ, rather than to clutter the AR itself.
Without any further ado:
- Characters will get "look out sir" versus the following spells that automatically kill models or automatically remove an entire regiment: Dwellers Below, Final Transmutation, Dreaded 13th, Infernal Gateway 11-12 effect. Normal requirements for lookout sir apply.
No Special or Named Characters.
Army used can be any of the currently published GW Army books. Chaos Dwarves and DoW definatly gone?
A maximum of 3 identical core choices may be taken (regardless of equipment and other upgrades)
A maximum of 5 warmachines may be taken per army
Max. 45 models with missile weapons with a range of 20”+ (not incl. war machines, characters and chariots).
Unit sizes of are limited as follows:
- Non-infantry units (including monstrous infantry): Maximum 16 models/unit
- Infantry costing 5 points or less: Maximum 50 models/unit
- Infantry costing 6-9 points: Maximum 40 models/unit
- Infantry costing 10 points or more: Maximum 30 models/unit
- Apart from Winds of magic and Channeling, an army may only generate 2 PD/DD per magic phase.
- You may have units/abilities that actually would generate more than 2 extra dice, but any excess dice are lost
- Some magic items/abilities count as generating dice toward this limit.
- “Count as” items/abilities may never exceed a cumulative 2PD/DD per phase. This means that if you take the power scroll, you may not take any other items that “count as adding PD/DD”
- All modifers are applied from the army list and will not change during the game.
- Power Scroll counts as generating 2 PD and 2 DD each magic phase
- Each Loremaster ability counts as generating 1 PD each magic phase
- Anything item that auto-dispels a spell counts as generating 1 DD each magic phase.
- Folding Fortress is not allowed
Army Specific Restrictions:
Beastmen: No Restrictions
Bretts: Trebuchet is a 0-1 choice
Dark Elves: Hydra is a 0-1 choice. Max. 35 repeater Crossbows in the army
Dwarves: Each spellbreaker/spelleater rune counts as "one item". Anvil of doom counts as warmachine; Grudge Throwers are a 0-2 choice; Max +4 dispel dice instead of +2
DOC: Flamers are a 0-1 choice. Siren Song may only be taken once
Empire: Steam Tank counts as 2 warmachines; Tank, Rocket battery and Engineers are a 0-1 choice
High Elves: Book of Hoeth counts as generating +2PD and +2 DD; Shard and Crystal as +1DD/phase
Lizards: Salamanders are a 0-1 Choice; Terradons, Chameleon Skinks and Stegadons (any kind) are 0-2 choices; Beclaming Cogitations counts as generating +1 PD and +2DD/phase, Cupped hands as +2PD/phase.
Ogres: No Restrictions
O&G: No Restrictions
Skaven: Hell Pit Abomination is a 0-1 choice; Gutter runners are a 0-2 choice; Engineers are a 0-3 choice
Vampires: Wraiths and Varghulf are 0-1 choices
TK: No restrictions
WE: Wand of Wych Elm counts as generating +1 DD/phase
Warriors of Chaos: Hellcannon is a 0-1 choice. Infernal Puppet counts as generating +1 PD and +2DD /phase; Tendrils of Tzeench and Conjoined Homunculus both count as generating +1 PD/Phase.