Malifaux?

Lord of the Rings, Malifaux, Blood Bowl, and any other Fantasy themed games.
twinim
Grunt
Grunt

Malifaux?

Postby twinim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone is still playing Malifaux in the Phoenix area as it seems to be dead. This last weekend I was at Imperial Outpost and they were no longer stocking it and said there is really no interest because the wave 2 arsenal decks are not out yet. I am a new player and would like to continue to play but if there is little to no support won't be worth it. I don't have a ton of time due to works and kids so if I need to return to WarmaHordes to get my gaming on I will, just wanted to ask here first.

Thanks
medikant
Warchief
Warchief

Re: Malifaux?

Postby medikant » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:22 pm

How big is the standard army in that? I've briefly looked over the starter boxes.
twinim
Grunt
Grunt

Postby twinim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Typically it is 50 points which could be usually between 6-9 models.
medikant
Warchief
Warchief

Postby medikant » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:13 pm

That don't sound too bad. About 100 bucks to fill out a force then?
twinim
Grunt
Grunt

Postby twinim » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Yeah, that sounds about right, maybe a little less with online prices. It is a fairly economic minis game relative to others, though it does need a decent amount of terrain.
medikant
Warchief
Warchief

Postby medikant » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:10 pm

I'll have to check it out further. If it wasn't so dang hard for me to get games of things I would pick it up.
deliamber8
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby deliamber8 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:50 pm

dudes,,just caught your post, i too was just at imperial with the same results,,,im dieing to play this game and can find NO ONE with any interest :evil: ,,,i have only played one game of 1.5V last summer and then the breach sealed up!!
i have full seamus and molly crews ready and working on a vik crew,,,they need to get on the table!! any interest in getting together for a try let me know,,,

thanks
twinim
Grunt
Grunt

Postby twinim » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Yeah, I am going to hang on to my mini's for now, but I think I am going to try and get back into Warmahordes as that community is flourishing.
SPICYchunk
Warchief
Warchief

Postby SPICYchunk » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:05 pm

I don't mind playing or even watching a game
Warmahordes: Trollbloods

https://www.ImmorenAZ@groups.facebook.com

Painting Building Gaming
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Postby gobbla » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:42 pm

me and Deliamber8 had a game last Wed evening at the Game Depot and it was good fun with Viks against Nico.
we ll try to meet more regularly and other players new or more veteran are welcome
With the wave 2 arsenal deck being pre released during gencon next week, Hopefully the Malifaux community in the valley rebuilds itself. the game mechanics haven't changed much but all the characters specific rules did. looks more balance. take with a grain of salt since this is my first game with the 2nd ed after a long hiatus.