Kings Of War in AZ

Lord of the Rings, Malifaux, Blood Bowl, and any other Fantasy themed games.
wilkinson73
Warboss
Warboss

Kings Of War in AZ

Postby wilkinson73 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 am

Hello all!

I just wanted to drop in and put a link to our FB US Kings of War fan page. Find out about Mantic games Kings of War and share hobby stories with other fans of this system. You dont need Mantic figures to play KoW you can use many other lines that are available and the basic rules are free.

Here is a link to their dl page, from here you can get basic lists together and give the rules a try.

http://www.manticgames.com/games/kings-of-war/downloads.html

Here is a link to our FB page:

Thank you for your attention! If you'd like a demo I can set something up for you! Just give me a PM and we can sort out the details. Thanks again for your time!

Matt W

PS while your on the Mantic site check out the other games they have.
DrunkenSamurai

Re: Kings Of War in AZ

Postby DrunkenSamurai » Fri May 23, 2014 9:22 am

wilkinson73
Warboss
Warboss

Postby wilkinson73 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:01 pm

whoops! Thank you!
privateer4hire
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby privateer4hire » Sat May 24, 2014 8:14 am

We're relocating from east coast to Florence while we look for a permanent house in the area.
Big mantic fan and would be interested in kings and other games like deadzone and dreadball.
Will be there first week of June. Any suggestions on stores to play mantic stuff?
Thanks.

-Daron
HobbyDestinationAZ
Grunt
Grunt

Postby HobbyDestinationAZ » Sat May 24, 2014 12:15 pm

We have a few people at our shop who are into Kings of War and Dreadball. We usually have folks here on Saturdays but we are open all week for open gaming if you want to just stop by.
wilkinson73
Warboss
Warboss

Postby wilkinson73 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:25 pm

Cool! Id love to game anywhere. Be sure if your on FB to join our US players group.
NightLordsOldtimer
Warboss
Warboss

Postby NightLordsOldtimer » Tue May 27, 2014 12:33 am

I have a friend who lives in Florence, and we meet fairly regularly at a Empire Games in Mesa. That's your closest full service store (~45 minutes drive from Florence), lots of tables, but mostly 40K, WHFB and Warmachine/Hordes in terms of product on the shelves, plus a big-and-growing collection of board games. Lots of people play different games besides The Big Three, but you might be better off using this website and posting something on the "Looking For A Game" forum when you've moved out here and have settled in. It's like a box of chocolates, you never know who you're gonna get, but it's worked out fine for me and I've made a few new friends the few times I've put something up looking for a game when I had free time outside of my usual Saturday hobby hours.

Empire Games is located at 1766 S Greenfield Rd in Mesa, just south of the 60 and just north of Baseline, on the West side of Greenfield, next to a Game Stop (same building). Their website is www.empiregamesaz.com where you can get contact info. The manager's name is Jimmy, very nice, friendly and enthusiastic guy who will try to hook you up with other players of your gaming systems of choice, just call the store or drop by and talk to him and tell him your situation and what you're looking for.

I don't play any of the games you mentioned, but I have a friend who's very into DeadZone at the moment, having gotten the game via the Kickstarter. He's usually always there at Empire on Saturdays from about 1:00 or 2:00 PM until the store closes at midnight.

My latest thing is Dropzone Commander, and there are a few of us who have just started out with it. If you're interested in trying it out when you're here, just PM me here on these boards and we can set something up.

Otherwise, welcome to The Valley of the Sun, and best of luck!
A bad day of gaming beats a good day of work (or school) every time!
privateer4hire
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby privateer4hire » Wed May 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Thanks everyone.
I've been looking at DZC too and they have an impressive starter set.
Will look you folks up in the next few weeks.
wilkinson73
Warboss
Warboss

Postby wilkinson73 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am

DZC has a ridiculously awesome starter box. Id start it up but I just picked up Deadzone.
NightLordsOldtimer
Warboss
Warboss

Postby NightLordsOldtimer » Fri May 30, 2014 11:22 pm

wilkinson73 wrote:DZC has a ridiculously awesome starter box. Id start it up but I just picked up Deadzone.

You can get the 2-Person Starter Set online (e.g., Miniature Market) for $76.00. It's an awesome deal, and very much the latest flavor of "plastic crack", leading to an immediate jump to "resin crack" if you're like me. LOL.
A bad day of gaming beats a good day of work (or school) every time!