Evil Cavalry! Fear the Swift Doom!

Lord of the Rings, Malifaux, Blood Bowl, and any other Fantasy themed games.
LithiumBurn5
Warchief
Warchief

Evil Cavalry! Fear the Swift Doom!

Postby LithiumBurn5 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:29 am

How shall I make my opponents fear the oncoming doom? I play evil, Mordor primarily with some Harad and Moria. Even have some Easterlings. As the servants of The Eye are generally more numerous than the weak and disorganized "Free Peoples" they tend to have rather good armour and/or fight. I primarily fight against the accursed elves and the failing men of Gondor and so you can see where I am often outclassed on a one on one basis. They will often take up the basic tactic of Thermopylæ and stick themselves between terrain and dare me to break through. This obviously proves problematic. Of course, were I to sweep around and attack the rear I could crush them. This would be made even easier with the pike wielding Gondorians as I believe pikes get a -1 to fights like a two handed weapon? Even if they don't they cannot carry both pikes and shields so it would be easier all around.
How shall I accomplish this? Do I unleash wargs? They are fight 3 but the wargs get to fight too and they are strength 4! They are also pretty cheap at 12 points for an body and mount. Sadly, no option for lance. What about the Morgul Knights? They are fight 4 and so have a better chance of winning the fight and come with lances so the turn they charge they get a bonus on the dice! If there is a counter attack their terror will help mitigate that. Sadly, they are are 20pts. Lastly I have Haradrim Raiders. While the costs went up I can field them with or without bows so they don't automatically count against my limit. They are also cheap and can be fielded with lances! The stats they have are the weakest of the three. Their fight is like the wargs and so is their defense. They also have low strength like the Knights, though can also have lances. The thing they have going for them is they are cheap and can have lances. Any counter charge will eat them up though.
I am open to buying other cavalry as I do love them.
I also am wondering what kind of a hero I should bring. Should I leave them to attack alone and hope they do well or should I invest some points in having somebody to lead and lend their might to. I do love the Nazgûl and those are the only mounted heroes I have, but again, I am open to acquiring others. I have a basic mounted ringwraith that I could upgrade with some might and bring out powers for pretty cheap. I also have the Dark Marshall and his long range banner effect. It will likely affect the fights on either side of the mêlée. Lastly I have possibly my favorite one of all. The Dwimmerlaik, because I like screwing up people's plans and not having friends!
So..., I implore you, what would be best? It is probably relevant to point out we generally play rather large games.
LithiumBurn5