Winds of Magic

General discussion about Warhammer Fantasy Battles
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Winds of Magic

Postby SkavenInAZ » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:15 am

What in the...

Got an email from GW about this today... sounds like they'll make models for the Lore of Beasts spell Transformation of Kadon and some others.... should be interesting.
Ninja Goblin
Warboss
Warboss

Re: Winds of Magic

Postby Ninja Goblin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:34 am

Its a new form of the game as I read it. I didn't log in to site to see the hype.

Announcing the impending arrival of Storm of Magic, the latest and largest Expansion for Warhammer, the Game of Fantasy Battles. Launched in July 2011, Storm of Magic describes what happens when great eldritch maelstroms roil across the lands. Magic becomes far more powerful and there is a whole range of Cataclysm spells to cast, unleashing untold devastation on the enemy. Arcane Fulcrums burst from the ground, not only acting as loci for the swirling energies that pervade a battle fought amidst the Storm of Magic, but changing the way a Warhammer tabletop looks and interacts with your armies. With such things so crucial to your Storm of Magic games a new range of Warhammer scenery and Wizards will soon be released in time for you to wage cataclysmic battles.

Then there are the monsters. When the Winds of Magic blow with such strength, the fell creatures of the world gravitate towards the tempest, slithering from deep tunnels or emerging from mountain lairs.

With the new Expansion allowing you to use so many different creatures there are a whole host of new monstrous plastic kits on their way. Citadel’s queen of creatures, Trish Carden, has spent the last few years in her own lair preparing for the new monsters to be unleashed upon the world and you can see two brief glimpses of what is to come below:

Sounds like warhammer Apocalypse to me..
Yes, I'm a ninja. No, I won't show you my moves.
I do not sleep, I wait.... It's a ninja thing, you wouldn't understand.
cmccracken86
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby cmccracken86 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Just what we need .. MORE powerfull spells to blast my dwarves with grumble grumble stupid mages

Chris
Darkelfmaster
Warchief
Warchief

Postby Darkelfmaster » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:40 pm

WOW I WISH MY RING OF HOTECK STILL WORKED LIKE IT DID IN THE PAST!!!

also i was wondering where every one is. this war hammer site was jumping a year ago and now it is just dead?
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Darkelfmaster wrote:
also i was wondering where every one is. this war hammer site was jumping a year ago and now it is just dead?

Jon lost the internet and thus the ability to insult everyone on here, which made it boring.
iandimitri

Postby iandimitri » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:08 pm

*Chuckle*

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Screw all you hippies . I will kick all of you in the taint. Is that better.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.
Winning at Warhammer is important, VERY important. It shows the entire universe how big your little toy soldiers' pee-pees are.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL