New Fantasy Player - East Valley (Chandler)

General discussion about Warhammer Fantasy Battles
Bosworth88
Grunt
Grunt

New Fantasy Player - East Valley (Chandler)

Postby Bosworth88 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Hey guys,

First of all I just wanted to introduce myself to the community, hope to meet many of you guys in person in the not too distant future!

I moved to the East Valley about a year ago, was able to meet a couple of great guys playing WFB at Empire Games in Mesa and they were incredibly gracious while I bugged them about the new edition. I used to play about 10 years back and then left the hobby for a while, but definitely want to start up again. Before I start re-mortgaging the house down at the local GW store - how many WFB gamers are there in the East Valley?

I just want to get a feel for the size of the community because it seems as though 40K is much bigger in these here parts.

Anyway, appreciate you taking the time to read the post! Any and all info is most welcome!
joebob24
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: New Fantasy Player - East Valley (Chandler)

Postby joebob24 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:38 am

talk to the skaven battle reports on the fantasy page he knows about how many players there are and hes trying to get a big turnament going some time at the end of the years so that every body would have time to get use to 9th edition coming out this summer
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:28 pm

Hey Bos!

I'm a little inactive in the community right now, due to 3 kids being born, but it's there. There are definitely people playing, it's just not a close knit community. Usually some people at Empire at Fridays, I know Game Depot has some players, as does Imperial Outpost. Tucson has a good sized contingent as well.
Bosworth88
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Bosworth88 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:47 pm

That's good to hear! I need to sort myself an army out first but hope to be as actively involved as I'm able once up and running. I teach history so certain times of the year can be a little tough to make work!

Apologies if you're a different guy but I was able to meet a Skaven player last year a couple of times before a new job interrupted any chances of starting the hobby immediately - not sure if you remember (or if it's even you!) but I had not long moved to the area from the UK... A belated thank you for being very patient and gracious while I bugged you with questions!

Congratulations on the family! Hope to see you soon!
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:33 am

You're very welcome, sir! Reach out any time for a game or with any questions.
Julian
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Julian » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:55 am

I'm pretty much on the opposite side of the valley (Peoria) but I am always up for a game of Fantasy at Imperial Outpost on the weekends if you ever want to meet in the middle. I will be picking up 9th edition when it comes out and continuing to play fantasy.
OKFrozenIronClan
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby OKFrozenIronClan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:54 am

Bosworth88 wrote:Hey guys,

First of all I just wanted to introduce myself to the community, hope to meet many of you guys in person in the not too distant future!

I moved to the East Valley about a year ago, was able to meet a couple of great guys playing WFB at Empire Games in Mesa and they were incredibly gracious while I bugged them about the new edition. I used to play about 10 years back and then left the hobby for a while, but definitely want to start up again. Before I start re-mortgaging the house down at the local GW store - how many WFB gamers are there in the East Valley?

I just want to get a feel for the size of the community because it seems as though 40K is much bigger in these here parts.

Anyway, appreciate you taking the time to read the post! Any and all info is most welcome!

come down to empire games in gilbert my email is kevindeleon19892@gmail.com if you wanted to get a game in still. i have a few players and we still play 8th. i also live in chandler and could meet at game depot.