Hat's Games tourny results.

General discussion about Warhammer Fantasy Battles
Blue Collar
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Hat's Games tourny results.

Postby Blue Collar » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:34 am

8 players with my High Elves, 1 Dark Elf, 1 Wood Elf, 2 Goblins, 1 Lizardmen, 1 Orc army that got a Skaven substitute in game 3, and 1 Nagash Undead army.
The 50% Lords wasn't used but I think all the other rules for the book were allowed. He didn't have any of the new units but did have a mix of Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts. I got to play V in game 3 and it is definitely an interesting book. Have to see how the different play groups decide how to use the Endtime books.

End results were Gabe in first with Lizards at 47 pts. Bruce with Welfs at 44 pts. And I got 3rd with 38 pts.

Hat's and the Tucson guys were great and I hope I can make it there again soon.

Maybe some more thoughts on my list and the Nagash book later.

Michael
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: Hat's Games tourny results.

Postby SkavenInAZ » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:00 am

Good to hear you had a fun time! We'll have to start making trips down there
Black Templar
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Black Templar » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:54 pm

How'd the UL list work out?
Blue Collar
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Blue Collar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:13 pm

I'm not sure if he was 1-2 or 0-3. He had a frustrating game against me and I scored 20 against it. Since we weren't using the 50% lords he couldn't use Nagash. He already had him assembled and nicely painted too. There are some interesting combos. He had a necrotech giving his gravegaurd hatred combined with the plus one to hit banner. His necrosphinx was able to fly up 20" now. Which was probably a mistake in our game. I let him cast the undeath raising spell when he wanted. He summoned a unit of 5 hexwraiths twice. I was using Teclis and had Flaming sword of rhuin spell to counter them. I don't think the undeath lore is very good. The units aren't worth victory points but I would say the Nehekara and Vampire spells in combination are the way to go. The list is magic/special character reliant, if you don't get the power dice you need it will struggle.

Michael