Alamo

General discussion about Warhammer Fantasy Battles
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Alamo

Postby SkavenInAZ » Wed May 14, 2014 6:35 pm

So... I've talked with several of you about going to the Alamo. I've been told that it's going to be the last weekend of October this year. Without knowing more than that, hard to plan -- but I think it'd be wise to start talking with the community about who all wants to go. If we get a big enough group, I think we could easily drive to save some money on airfare, plus make it easier to get around.

Who all is in?
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: Alamo

Postby Lightningman » Wed May 14, 2014 6:45 pm

If it lines up with my fall break I might be in.
Dean
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Dean » Wed May 14, 2014 8:40 pm

I'll be coming out of retirement and planning on this, most likely my son also.
We'll be driving for sure, Dodge Caravan (2-3 more comfortably plus armies/luggage).
My initial plan is to leave late Thursday night (10:00pm-12:00am) and then head back early Monday morning.
Three nights of hotel. There are cheaper hotels a few miles away from the venue (brand new Days Inn) ($40-$50/night) compared to $100+ closer. With a car, I dont mind staying a little away.

Like Chris stated this is the early stages, but that is my tentative plan. I am open on hotel ideas if majority want to stay closer. I plan on attending this event for the camaraderie of it, rather than the winning :)

Dean
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Postby gobbla » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:54 pm

Count me in

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:57 pm

So, my game plan with this is to register for whoever is on this list and wants to go. I'll sign up and pay, and you guys pay me back. Talking to my buddies in Texas, they expect this to fill up within a day or 2, so I'm going to jump on it.

If we're going to get a group, i'd like to do some team shirts and such as well. I was thinking BFGAZ for a group name -- meaning Big Fantasy Geeks AZ. Just something to identify us, etc.
Black Templar
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Black Templar » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:53 pm

I should be in, but you already knew that.

Also, when you and I were at Lonewolf, Chris, they said the weekend would be Oct. 25th & 26. With this information in hand I have already cleared Fri-Mon off with the work peeps.

I checked my text to you as well (from when the organizers were announcing the dates) and that confirms the 25-26th.

So that's the date i'd run with ...to be confirmed when the event comes up for registration.
ianj253
Warchief
Warchief

Postby ianj253 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:54 am

I'd be interested in going, but I won't know what my test schedule is like for school until I get syllabuses in late August. Is there some kind of refund policy if I find out I have a conflict?

Also Is there any comp for this tournament?
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:29 am

Missed this last message, sorry. They will let you drop for up to a couple weeks before the tournament. The wait list will be long enough to allow that.

Comp with Alamo had historically just been no Lord level special characters, but that may change this year. Other than that, being the pain.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:19 am

Registration is open. If you're interested, let's do this. I'd previously said that I would buy tickets and just let people pay me back -- however, I haven't gotten interest to justify doing that. So, if you want to come, here's the link -- http://alamofantasygt.com/register.php

63 Paid spots remain, but a lot of people are just waiting for Paypal invoices... if you want to come -- sign up now.
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:24 pm

It's full up now. We've got a group of 4 of us attending -- I think it'll be a blast!