Wood elves next

General discussion about Warhammer Fantasy Battles
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Wood elves next

Postby Lightningman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Wood elves are due out supposedly in two waves starting either may 2nd or may 9th depending on who your favorite soothsayer is.

Pics are starting to leak out from the usual sources so if you are interested in seeing the early bad phonecam pics from a pilfered white dwarf they are out there.

Be advised that some folks have been circulating some supposed camera shots of rules pages that have been pretty thoroughly debunked but they have become hopelessly intertwined with other rules rumors so anything you see on rules... well as usual take it with the prescribed dose of salt
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: Wood elves next

Postby SkavenInAZ » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:14 am

How many people out there have or would pick these up?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Black Templar
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Black Templar » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:05 am

I invested in a considerably large Wood Elf force just over a month ago, in anticipation of this release.The only models I did not manage to get were warhawk riders and it does not look like they are getting replaced, either (boo.)

When I heard that Matt Ward wrote all three elf books at the same time I was stoked - When I saw the High Elf book is was optimistic, and that continued when the Dark Elf book proved its balance both internally and externally. Betting that Wood Elves would fall within these parameters as well I pushed all-in. As I write this, it does not look like I will be disappointed.

So far we have the following info:

- New Book
- Limited Edition New Book (made with real trees, per GW)
- Spell cards - Confirmed that Woodies will have access to all eight BRB lores as well as their spell deck containing 16 cards (All high and all dark magic with new lore attributes for each.)
- Eternal Guard / Waywatcher dual kit.
- Treeman kit w/ 3 builds (Regular, Ancient, and Druthu.)
- Wild Rider / Stag Rider dual kit [This is not confirmed but there appears to be stags in the leaked pics. Apparently NOT MC]
- New special Eternal Guard character
- Possibly another character [pics would indicate its either a new unit champion or character with two axes.]

And Wardancers are being 'reintroduced' whatever that means. Re-release of old sculpts? Or new models... dunno.

Noticeably missing: Warhawk riders (and any alternate builds.)
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Lightningman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:42 pm

I saw a list somewhere that said warhawk riders had become a bird with two riders combo at least in the rules. very sketchy but I do recall seeing it. That would make a new kit more or less mandatory.

The list of more or less confirmed items seems a bit thin to me given how long we have waited for this.
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Postby gobbla » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:12 pm

My wood elves will stop collecting dust soon.
Look forward to the new book

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
Black Templar
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Black Templar » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:33 am

I too saw the (early) rumor of a warhawk rider/unridden owl/waywatcher triple unit kit... however I dismissed it as to salty...

If it comes to pass then awesome, but I am not holding my breath for it.

Overall it looks solid.
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Lightningman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:22 pm

The new WD has pics of the first wave. The treeman is amazing and is the kind of model that I find it hard to resist even though I have no designs on playing woodelves.
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:29 am

The treeman is an Eldar Avatar that fell into a swamp somewhere. Pretty but unoriginal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Twitch
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Twitch » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:55 pm

I'll give GW +1 for putting antlers on everything. More than anything else I am just curious how they will implement the wood elf play style in 8th edition as the two methods of play seem very conflicting.
Abaddon
Warboss
Warboss

Postby Abaddon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:20 am

Is that Twitch? I thought that wild haired thing disappeared into the woods never to return. Glad to see you're alive.