I invested in a considerably large Wood Elf force just over a month ago, in anticipation of this release.The only models I did not manage to get were warhawk riders and it does not look like they are getting replaced, either (boo.)
When I heard that Matt Ward wrote all three elf books at the same time I was stoked - When I saw the High Elf book is was optimistic, and that continued when the Dark Elf book proved its balance both internally and externally. Betting that Wood Elves would fall within these parameters as well I pushed all-in. As I write this, it does not look like I will be disappointed.
So far we have the following info:
- New Book
- Limited Edition New Book (made with real trees, per GW)
- Spell cards - Confirmed that Woodies will have access to all eight BRB lores as well as their spell deck containing 16 cards (All high and all dark magic with new lore attributes for each.)
- Eternal Guard / Waywatcher dual kit.
- Treeman kit w/ 3 builds (Regular, Ancient, and Druthu.)
- Wild Rider / Stag Rider dual kit [This is not confirmed but there appears to be stags in the leaked pics. Apparently NOT MC]
- New special Eternal Guard character
- Possibly another character [pics would indicate its either a new unit champion or character with two axes.]
And Wardancers are being 'reintroduced' whatever that means. Re-release of old sculpts? Or new models... dunno.
Noticeably missing: Warhawk riders (and any alternate builds.)