LoneWolf GT

General discussion about Warhammer Fantasy Battles
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

LoneWolf GT

Postby SkavenInAZ » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:57 am

Here's the next GT I'm going to try to go to. About 30 slots left, one of the biggest in Texas. Figure I'll drive to this one as it's only 1000 miles. Good buddy of mine from theUnderempire and that I've met from the past couple of GT's in Texas is running it, so it should be a good time.

http://lonewolfgt.com/
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: LoneWolf GT

Postby Lightningman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:19 pm

I have to admit I am tempted to go do one of these with you one of these days but this looks like the new dwarf book will probably still be on the outs for tourney play and I doubt I would have the new kits ready fast enough even if it were legal. Maybe something next summer.
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Texas has one each season. Eau enough to find

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:08 pm

23 spots left for this. If you're even thinking of going, sign up. Can get a refund through February simmering if you need to cancel.
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Lightningman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Just started teaching again, be next summer methinks before i can even contemplate it. Hope they hold one someplace cold in july.
Black Templar
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Black Templar » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:00 am

I just wanted to say: This tournament was a blast!

Hines put up battle reports of his games, but I wanted to chime in and mention that it was a fantastic group of people running a tournament that did not have any glitches (that I could see.)

There are four Texas Warhammer GTs each year, and it is my goal to attend two each time around. Lonewolf has my vote and so does the Alamo GT in San Antonio (Oct. 25-26th this year I believe).

If you enjoy Warhammer and can afford to take off for three to four days (usually Friday thru Monday) you should look to come out and play. If we get enough people we can rent a car/van and make the drive. On the flight to Dallas the airline was promoting their credit card by offering two free flights for signing up... so there are plenty of options.

My point to all of it: 75-100 people, well run and well supported tournaments... that are a couple hours by air or most of a day by land away, with competition not seen in the valley for years and years. Until we can cultivate the community back to the point of being able to have these here I highly suggest Lonewolf, and I am looking forward to Alamo and possibly the others as well. You should too.