North Valley Warhammer Fantasy Schedule

General discussion about Warhammer Fantasy Battles
celt
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: North Valley Warhammer Fantasy Schedule

Postby celt » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:59 pm

A few of our group have scheduled games for this Friday, Feb 28th at 6:30 pm at Crusaders Retreat. New players are welcome.

Also, good luck to the crew that plan on driving over to Empire for the tourney on Saturday.

Celt
wilkinson73
Warboss
Warboss

Postby wilkinson73 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:28 pm

Do you guys have a schedule of events for later this year? Im just now building dwarves so It'll take me awhile to get to 2500.
Blue Collar
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Blue Collar » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:19 pm

I am willing to play smaller games if you want to get some games in with your dwarfs. Our next meeting is this coming Sat. I think.

Michael
celt
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby celt » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:02 pm

We have been meeting up on Saturdays starting around 3 pm at Crusaders Retreat for campaign and pick up games. We usually take about 30 minutes to do the strategic level stuff, then start fighting the battles. There is always someone able to play a pick up game as well.

Here is a tentative schedule for March:

March 8th - 3pm

March 15th - the GW store is hosting a tournament; some of us will likely head over there for that event. There probably won't be anything happening at Crusaders.

March 22nd - ???

March 29th - this will be our group's monthly get together for a day of gaming. There will be both campaign and pick up games. Start time around 1:30, second round at 5 pm; you can show up for one round or two, which ever best fits your schedule. Painted armies not required. We loan out armies to new players interested in trying out the game as well. We typically play 2500 pts.

Celt
wilkinson73
Warboss
Warboss

Postby wilkinson73 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Cool thanks guys. I have the following models:

Belegor (gonna use as a lord or than)
grimm
20 long bears
10 iron drales
1 gyro bommer

im hoping to sell off my Mordian Iron guard to purchase the rest of my army. Looking at getting a Dwarf battle line and few other dwarves soon.
Ill try to make it to one or more of the meet ups.
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

Postby AllAboutGames » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:21 pm

How many people planning on being there this Saturday? Are people going to be bringing their armies or just showing up for the map portion of the day? I know Dmitri won't be there because he is out of town.
celt
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby celt » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Just a friendly reminder that the GW store on Frank Lloyd Wright is hosting a tourney this Saturday. Please contact the store directly for details.

Also, I expect a big turnout of gamers for our monthly event on March 29th at Crusaders Retreat. We are going to do two rounds, starting at 1 pm and 5 pm. We typically play 2500 pts but will adjust for those unable to field that amount of troops. We also lend out armies with advance notice. You can also show up for one round or two rounds, whichever best fits your schedule.

Thanks,

Celt
celt
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby celt » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Hope to see some new people out tomorrow at Crusaders Retreat located at Thunderbird and 40th Street. We are starting at 1pm and another round at 5 pm. I expect there to be a combination of pick up games and campaign games.

Celt
celt
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

End of Campaign Results

Postby celt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:04 am

Congrats to Dmitri and his team for taking first place in the WFB campaign @ Crusaders Retreat. Many thanks also to Dan P. for running the campaign for us.

Final Standings:

1. GREEN - Orcs/Ogres - 20 pts
2. RED - Ogres/Empire/Ogres - 18 pts
3. BLUE - Lizardmen/Empire/Vampires - 15 pts
4. ORANGE - Empire/High Elves/Dwarfs - 13 pts
celt
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

May 3rd WFB Day at Crusaders Retreat

Postby celt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:28 am

Crusaders Retreat (located at 40th Street and Thunderbird) will be hosting its final WFB event of the spring on Saturday, May 3rd. Set up time is 1 pm and start time is 1:30. Standard lists @ 2500 pts. New players are welcome and armies are available to loan out. We will be offering two gaming choices on the 3rd:

1. 2500 pts pick-up games (as usual)

2. Mega-Battle for campaign participants - two teams with up to four players a side; bring your standard 2500 pt list; army generals will be permitted two +1 stat increases. Be ready to play any of the scenarios in the rulebook with other special rules. The magic phase will have some restrictions, so design your army list accordingly. Award given for best general.

Celt