Gauging Interest for an Event

General discussion about Warhammer Fantasy Battles
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: Gauging Interest for an Event

Postby Lightningman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:46 pm

For what it is worth, I have been having discussions with the guys at empire a bit about events and with a lot fo the empire friday night fantasy crew and what we are aware of is that a lot of the fantasy players are people with jobs and families who simply aren't able to be away for a whole day much less two on a weekend for an event.

I know there are exceptions but speaking for myself, tournaments and large events are just not an option. I have my one night a week that I go out and game and that is it. If there was a campaign or league that allowed me to get my game in on that friday night when I was going to be playing anyway I'd be interested but anything that takes 6+ hours out of my saturday or my sunday is right out.
The Prince of Excess
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby The Prince of Excess » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Yeah that is the goal, I've been playing long enough to know that many people don't have the time to go down to a shop 2 or 3 days a week and play whenever.
Malal8
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Malal8 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:55 am

Hello there guys

For my two cents I personally will be going to empire from here on out on Fridays for pick up games. I personally really like the idea of a tournament of some sort. I enjoy competition and think the excitement of an event with prizes and whatnot would be a lot of fun. It seems like a big one day event is hard for a lot of people but maybe if enough time is given the guys can do something nice for the wifey and earn a free pass to disappear on a Saturday for a 3 game tournament.

I personally would struggle to do a campaign because I will only be in Arizona until August 16th. If it ends before then I am in though. If their is interest in a campaign might I suggest a more flexible way to go about it. With people having various work/family schedules it might not be a bad idea to create a match up every week for players and give them the responsibility of getting together and playing the game and recording the results etc. If people can commit to finding the time and flexibility for one game a week at a decent time I think it could work well.