need help deciding!

General discussion about Warhammer Fantasy Battles
wulfen014
Warchief
Warchief

need help deciding!

Postby wulfen014 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:20 pm

welps i have dwarves but i resent playing ann army my friends play so i was thinking about a new army the major choices are, Empire, or Bretonia. right now as it is im really leaning towards Empire so pleas let me know what you think almos all info is good info. :p
When life gives you lemons,BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Re: need help deciding!

Postby gobbla » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Rumors indicate a new Empire book is on the horizon.
This sounds like a good choice. Bretonnia suffers from this edition from the steadfast rule and the new bsb rules as they can no longer break units on the charge and their punch greatly reduces after the initial charge.
Hope that helps.
wulfen014
Warchief
Warchief

Postby wulfen014 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:02 pm

ty alot that helps alot, il b purchasing 2000 pts of empire soon now lol :D
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Lightningman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:07 am

/concure with gobla

The Empire is a much more flexible army and has a much wider variety of units to work from. Brets are very limited by comparison.
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:26 am

Lightningman wrote:/concure with gobla

The Empire is a much more flexible army and has a much wider variety of units to work from. Brets are very limited by comparison.

Currently, yes... but I imagine they'd be put in line with the new format of books with some big beast, monstrous cav, lowered point cost, etc..

That is, of course, if GW ever releases another book for them. It's only been 9 years or so, right?
Russell the Muscle
Warchief
Warchief

Postby Russell the Muscle » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Between those two choices, I would pick up an Empire Army. They have lots of different units, and have numerous builds to fit any play style. They have really cool war-machines/ unique units like Steam tanks, decent Cavalry units, as well as some nice foot sloggin units like Great swords, and Halbardiers. The empire has decent shooting units like pistoliers too.

Most of the Empire sculpts are awesome. Painted Flagellants on the battlefield look nice. Not to mention the Empire has conscripts from other "kingdoms" making it easy to have themed armies of a province.

I really like the history/Lore of the Empire (except the part about helping the ugly Dwarf race beat down Greenskins). :p

Rumors have been pointing to the Empire getting the next Army Book. Maybe as early as June (likely 3 or 4 quarter knowing GW). Along with those rumors are new or "reintroduced" units from older Army books like Halfling units and ogre conscripts.

Anyways, I don't think you could go wrong choosing an Empire. Right now the empire seems to works decent with the current Army book although there's always room for a new book/models/items. Good Luck!
wulfen014
Warchief
Warchief

Postby wulfen014 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:24 pm

lol i have just purchased alot of empire, but not enough warmachines, i have gotten 60 state troops 40 great swords 2 cannon/motar boxes 40 handgunners a steam tank the wizard box a bsb and 30 flagellants. not i just need to make a 2000 point list with it! :p
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:12 pm

Need more state troops as well... Halberdiers should be bricks of 30-50 each.