Worried about SoM

General discussion about Warhammer Fantasy Battles
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Worried about SoM

Postby Lightningman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:35 pm

OK, I read the battle report in WD and have to say my interest in this thing is already declining rapidly.

There has been something about it that has been rubbing me the wrong way the whole time and I finally put my finger on it. I hate CCGs because it feels like whoever spends the most money wins. This feels very much the same way to me.

Between the big new beasties (which seem mandatory to be competitive and 2-3 of which will set you back at least $100) and the summoning spell which gives the greatest tactical flexibility to the guy with the most diverse pile of miniatures to summon up, I am feeling pretty disheartened.

I'll get the book and probably the cards and try it but I'm not touching the monsters until im convinced this doesn't suck.
IonControl
Warchief
Warchief

Re: Worried about SoM

Postby IonControl » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:42 pm

I haven't read the WD article, just what's online, but isn't this an expansion like Apocalypse/Cities of Death/Planetstrike for 40k? I would guess most friendly games and tournies would still use the basic rulebook and army lists. I am excited about the arcane fulcrums to use as set pieces for displaying my army :)
I'm IonControl, and I approve this message.