WHFB Interest Level Jumpstart~

General discussion about Warhammer Fantasy Battles
Ninja Goblin
Warboss
Warboss

Re: WHFB Interest Level Jumpstart~

Postby Ninja Goblin » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:58 am

honorandglory wrote:I find it amusing that the people so down on this are the ones that have not even tried it out. must be their near god like ability to predict brokeness. lol oh well, at least you are not Playing and ruining the game for those people who have actually tried it and enjoy the senario. would not want you to get off your high horses and have fun or anything, you just keep complaining it up, I hear it helps.

I understand what your saying but recognize that someone need not stick their hand in a fire to know its hot. There are a lot of people with very real harsh feelings towards GW and these issues did not magically appear out of nowhere.

I am not saying your right or wrong with your statement but I am not surprised by peoples reaction to the new direction.
Yes, I'm a ninja. No, I won't show you my moves.
I do not sleep, I wait.... It's a ninja thing, you wouldn't understand.
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:13 am

Your analogy is faulty. If we go by it none of us would have ever played the game. it is more like when Coke changed its flavor, some liked it some did not and stipped drinking it. then Coke changed it back, and people that stopped drinking it would not give it another chance ,because of course it must still suck. the point is with out trying it at least once you cant really have an honest opnion of the senario. when was the last time you saw me sticking up for something broken and unfair in this game? I have had nothing but fun in the Storm of Magic games I have played. they have been relaxing,yet hard fought fun. alot like fantasy was when I started playing, before I got into competitively playing tournaments.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.
Winning at Warhammer is important, VERY important. It shows the entire universe how big your little toy soldiers' pee-pees are.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
cmccracken86
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby cmccracken86 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:47 pm

As much as it pains me to admit it .. i agree with honorandglory ... storms actually fixes a lot of the retarded stuff with magic and does add a great level of fun and enjoyment .. plus a lot of back and forth in the games and a lot of tactical deployment issues... i really enjoy it.

Chris
SlaaneshiCultist
Warboss
Warboss

Postby SlaaneshiCultist » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:27 am

honorandglory wrote:I find it amusing that the people so down on this are the ones that have not even tried it out. must be their near god like ability to predict brokeness. lol oh well, at least you are not Playing and ruining the game for those people who have actually tried it and enjoy the senario. would not want you to get off your high horses and have fun or anything, you just keep complaining it up, I hear it helps.

Here you go again with your pissing. I don't have a "near god like ability" but I have watched a few games of SoM as well as discussed it with some people back home and here in the valley to determine if I really wanted to play it. And as it turns out, it's still unappealing. The game, from the opinions I hear, the things I've seen, and the stuff I have watched, makes the game a crap shoot of crazy OP shenanigans on both sides (which I'll admit makes the game actually, FINALLY, seem more balanced). My gamer IQ is high enough to know when a game looks like it won't be fun to me.

Now, I will say I can see the fun in it if that sort of play style appeals to your character. It does not for me. Fantasy still has a great theme and I love seeing fully painted armies on the field because it is a very epic looking game. But as far as playing it...I have better things to do with 2-3 hours.
Blowing peeps up since 1992
WM/H- Harby/ToM/Amon (Menoth)
FOW- Irish Guard
Malifaux- Outcasts/Guild
http://wargameraz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6 If you have not done so....for the love of jebus go here and let us know who the hell you are!
Darkelfmaster
Warchief
Warchief

Postby Darkelfmaster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:48 pm

I did happen to play SOM 2 times. for me it is alright but no where near the fun i was having playing pitch in last edition. magic right now in the game is just way out of control. Just look at SOM as another way GW is trying to make money off us like when they put out Stomes of chaos. same crap and issues with just some different wrapping papper and bow.
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Darkelfmaster wrote:I did happen to play SOM 2 times. for me it is alright but no where near the fun i was having playing pitch in last edition. magic right now in the game is just way out of control. Just look at SOM as another way GW is trying to make money off us like when they put out Stomes of chaos. same crap and issues with just some different wrapping papper and bow.

Oh goodness, the world is going to end.. I'm agreeing with Narro.. FML.
Darkelfmaster
Warchief
Warchief

Postby Darkelfmaster » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:46 am

smart ass!!! i just think you are a smarter player now chris and you see how it has made the game unbalanced. o ya i was skimming over the posts last week and i dont remember who said it but it was something about warhammer fant. guys meeting on tuesdays now or if it was just another day of play time now. so are people meeting on other days now? and what times?
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:49 am

That is exactly what I am ''pissing'' about. You claim to have watched several games. You claim to have spoken to people all over the country, and somehow you feel this is enough to have a solid grasp on if something is broken and overpowered. Astounding. Maybe you should go to work for GW and fix everything for them with your amazing gaming prowess. For all you other non omnipotent gamers, all I am saying is give it a fair shake before you give up on it. it may just suprise you ans supply you with a couple of hours of fun with your friends.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.
Winning at Warhammer is important, VERY important. It shows the entire universe how big your little toy soldiers' pee-pees are.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
cmccracken86
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby cmccracken86 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Most of the broken stuff in Fantasy is the synergy of old books with the new rules ... and frankly most of that is mitigated .. perfect example of how magic is NOT broken. LAst weekend DWARVES conquer all mercislessly crushing all opposition and going 3 and 0 in the tournament of storms of magic. So i think in my opinion the game is as balanced as a game can get at this point barring a few special characters and that stupid hydra and abomination. And overall with the new scenarios we have been running im having a really fun time playing .... and id bet Chris if you played me a game youd have fun playing. Just my 2 cents.
What really fixes things is taking away the aspect of .. IM GONNA CRUSH YOUR FACE IN part of the game where VPs are the only thing ... now its about objectives and strategy and CRUSHING YOUR OPPONENTS FACE IN :)

Chris
Black Templar
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Black Templar » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:44 am

cmccracken86 wrote: DWARVES

Dwarfs.

You know better.