East Valley 40k group meet up

General discussion about Warhammer 40k
Cleric
Warchief
Warchief

East Valley 40k group meet up

Postby Cleric » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:36 am

I have a small far East valley 40k group I run on fb and I'm looking to bring more people into our little community. We meet up (or at least try to) once of month, if not twice. We meet up to play casual/yet semi-competitive 40k, grill, chill, drink some beers and have a good time.

I have four tables full of terrain. We have a hall that we rent out to to have our meet ups in, I grill for us all, we have some brews and we all have a good time.

If anyone is interested in this, PM me or reply to this post and I can send you a link to the fb group.

Our next meet up is October 22nd. I'd love to see some new faces there.

Cheers.
40k: Ravenwing 2000
Imperial Guard 2000
Sisters of Battle 2000
Grey Knights 1500
DiRTWaL
Grunt
Grunt

Re: East Valley 40k group meet up

Postby DiRTWaL » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:08 am

Hi I'm Mick and I currenlty life in Scottsdale close to papago park and I am slowly trying to get back into the hobby after getting out of college and being burned by the quick jump of 6th edition to 7th. I would love to join your group and meet some people who play, I've only ever played a few games in the 10 years of in the hobby just by lack of networking and meeting players. however, I am waiting for the rumored 8th edition to come out which to what I have heard (I could be dead wrong so correct me if I am) is coming out sometime before summer of 2017. So I would love to keep in contact with you for when I am ready to get going with the hobby again.
Cleric
Warchief
Warchief

Re: East Valley 40k group meet up

Postby Cleric » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Hey Mick, good to hear from ya and welcome back to the hobby!
As far as 8h edition goes, that's still a rumor for sure. A lot of signs are pointing towards that; and of course that will happen eventually, but personally I believe that won't happen until late 2017. There is too much new content as far as supplements and codicies that came our recently and are soon too come out. That to me seems like they're going to wait juuuust a bit longer to release 8th ed. But it will come relatively soon.
I recommend going full on back into the hobby though. This is the best time for being in the 40k hobby in maaany many years. Too much fun!

PM sent about further group information, and how to join.
40k: Ravenwing 2000
Imperial Guard 2000
Sisters of Battle 2000
Grey Knights 1500