Thoughts on a weekly streaming "fight night"

General discussion about Warhammer 40k
Jaygh
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Thoughts on a weekly streaming "fight night"

Postby Jaygh » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:32 pm

So I've had this idea for a while now, but I'd like to try to make it happen. So as you know, we've set up the Rattler Cup for local competitive 40k. I'd like to eventually start streaming some local tournaments, but to sort of warm up for that I was thinking of maybe doing a fight night type stream once a week. Essentially, we'd get two local competitive players, and stream them playing a game, while also providing analytical commentary. I know frontline gaming streams pretty well, but seeing as they're usually at some level of intoxication they aren't always super analytical.

Would anyone be interested in helping set this up/commentating/participating in this? I can do commentary, but I'd love to have another person.
ds4502
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: Thoughts on a weekly streaming "fight night"

Postby ds4502 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:36 am

I'd be up for participating.
Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Bruno » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:45 pm

It would be cool to see something like this not just for 40k but gaming in general. We have a lot of different events that take place and to have something like this could promote all the games not just 40k.
Jaygh
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Jaygh » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:02 pm

@Bruno: I agree, I think a lot of wargames have quality broadcasting potential, but need very very good casting to hold people's attention. What sort of games did you have in mind?

@don: Awesome, you were one of the guys I had in mind to play.
Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Bruno » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:58 pm

I have watched the guy run Infinity demos at IOG. That could be a good way for people to learn about the game and not have to be at the shop. I am sure Magic the Gathering would be another great game that people would tune in and watch, not really a miniatures game but people would watch games like that. There are just so many great games being played at the local shops but you need to be there to watch them. Tonight IOG had a painting class taking place and had video on a TV monitor. Something like that broadcasted on the internet would be great because I can't always make it to the shop and Jeff provides some great information on painting and building. Just my two cents on the subject
wilkinson73
Warboss
Warboss

Postby wilkinson73 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Deadzone
Kings of War
SAGA
Age of Sigmar

WE had quite a well run SAGA "not a tournament" a few months back that would have been great on stream.
wilkinson73
Warboss
Warboss

Postby wilkinson73 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Also those infinity demos that guy ran are sick. If I had the time I would definitely be interested in that. His set up and paint are outstanding. Board game day at IOG would be good too.
Jaygh
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Jaygh » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:55 am

So I'd really like to make this happen, does anyone have any experience with Twitch streaming? I'm sure I could figure it out, but having someone who already knows would be nice too.
ds4502
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby ds4502 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:51 am

I do not know anything about it, unfortunately
dark_deco_fan
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby dark_deco_fan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:53 am

The instructions on the Twitch Website are pretty clear. I did a few test streams awhile back. They suggest using Open Broadcaster.

Also if you need a Dark Angels army I'm always around. I also have 90% of it painted.

~B