GW vs CHS verdict in!

General discussion about Warhammer 40k
DrunkenSamurai

Re: GW vs CHS verdict in!

Postby DrunkenSamurai » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:25 am

Don't give CH money. That is dumb. If you like what they are doing buy their products. They last thing these need is charity.
Abaddon
Warboss
Warboss

Postby Abaddon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:18 am

I just placed an order today! The thing to remember is if you want anything that might not be available soon (ie; conversion beamer kit), get it ordered NOW. Until the judgement you still have time to get it.

*Also, I spoke with them and they do have a kickstarter planned for Defense Lines! Woot! I don't have any big details but I can't wait to see what they have coming up.
Vet_Tanker
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Vet_Tanker » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:30 am

Which models/kits do we all think are in danger of going away as a result of this?
The Emperor protects!
theHman
Warboss
Warboss

Postby theHman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 pm

I doubt any of their kits will go away, they'll just have to change the name so they no longer infringe on GW's trademarks.
Abaddon
Warboss
Warboss

Postby Abaddon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Actually some kits are going away
theHman
Warboss
Warboss

Postby theHman » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Update...

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2013/06/ ... ctory.html

"The jury deliberated for more than two days and found that Chapterhouse could continue to make and sell over a hundred products without fear of copyright infringement. The jury also confirmed that Chapterhouse could continue to use most of Games Workshop’s asserted trademarks when selling compatible parts, including all nine of Games Workshop’s registered trademarks. Together with the summary judgment wins, the jury’s verdict confirmed Chapterhouse can continue to make and sell 111 products that Games Workshop hoped to block using copyright laws, and can continue to use 104 words and phrases that Games Workshop said were trademarked."
Deathgod
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Deathgod » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Lightningman wrote:CHS should start a kickstarter or set up a "donate a dollar" button on their website to bail themselves out of the 25k. I suspect 40k folks in particular would be happy to contribute if for no other reason than to send the message to GW that we support CHS.

Don't paint us all with that brush. Chapter House is a parasite company who produces particularly shitty third party items for 40k kits, and they need to die a slow, agonizingly painful death (figuratively speaking, of course). Companies like MaxMini and Kromlech have shown us the proper way to supply 3rd party items for use in our hobby, in a way that is both respectful to the original game producers and useful to us as consumers. CHS does none of that, and what they do do, they do BADLY.
Abaddon
Warboss
Warboss

Postby Abaddon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Well death, nice to see you don't beat around the bush. So, after speaking with the owner of Chs, he said they are looking for a new sculptor to increase the quality of all products. The truth about it is they have been tied up in this lawsuit for almost 2yrs now and havent been able to focus on development or production. Now that this issue is being resolved I expect much better stuff.
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Lightningman » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:44 am

You are certainly entitled to your opinion Death but I have to say I have been very pleased with their wheeled chimaera kit, the stormraven improvement kit, and the kroxigors. I am also very happy to see so many interesting and in many cases very cool looking alternate shoulder pads for space marine chapters. It is too late for me to take advantage of that but it is still nice to see and I hope they will continue to expand that line.

Yeah some of it looks pretty shabby but as far as painting with a broad brush....

BTW, you are actually the first person I have ever encountered who has ever expressed and dissatisfaction with them.