order of new releases

General discussion about Warhammer 40k
SunDontShine
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

order of new releases

Postby SunDontShine » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:38 pm

With all these new army updates does anyone know the order in which they are released?
eldar was the latest. but I am interested in the imperial guard what it might hold. thanks.
Charistoph
Warchief
Warchief

Re: order of new releases

Postby Charistoph » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:54 pm

SunDontShine wrote:With all these new army updates does anyone know the order in which they are released?
eldar was the latest. but I am interested in the imperial guard what it might hold. thanks.

They aren't released in any specific order, just as the mood hits the developers.

But for 6th it went: Chaos Marines, Dark Angels, Chaos Daemons, Tau Empire, and Eldar (with supplement Iyanden). Rumors currently have Space Marines next with Orks and Tyranids sometimes next year.

For 5th it went: Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Space Wolves, Tyranids, Blood Angels, Dark Eldar, Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle (in White Dwarf), and Necrons.

So, in short, no idea as to what will be in the next Imperial Guard codex, or when it will be coming out.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
NightLordsOldtimer
Warboss
Warboss

Postby NightLordsOldtimer » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:33 pm

I've heard that after Space Marines (September?) that it's a toss up between Orks, Tyranids & IG, with strong indications that Orks will be first in that lineup, but IG might come in before Nids. Could go either way, but most likely you'll see the new IG codex by April at the latest. That's how I'm reading it...

Also, it's most definitely not "as the mood hits the developers.". There's a lot of planning & logistics that go into the release of any product, and the developers actually have very little to say in the manner; management makes the call. There's certainly the possibility of some "last minute" change ups, but even those are decided several months in advance, since things like White Dwarf & such are written & photos taken at least 3 to 4 months before that issue of WD hits the stores.

People give way too much credit to the develops & the supposed control they have over content & release timing... Try working for any large organization involved in manufacturing and/or publication, and you'll see what I mean..
A bad day of gaming beats a good day of work (or school) every time!
Charistoph
Warchief
Warchief

Postby Charistoph » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:14 pm

NightLordsOldtimer wrote:Also, it's most definitely not "as the mood hits the developers.". There's a lot of planning & logistics that go into the release of any product, and the developers actually have very little to say in the manner; management makes the call. There's certainly the possibility of some "last minute" change ups, but even those are decided several months in advance, since things like White Dwarf & such are written & photos taken at least 3 to 4 months before that issue of WD hits the stores.

People give way too much credit to the develops & the supposed control they have over content & release timing... Try working for any large organization involved in manufacturing and/or publication, and you'll see what I mean..

The order of development is "as the mood hits the developers". The timing of release is determined by the bean counters, true. But if the options are limited, then they have little choice in WHAT is released.

Development begins a LONG time before release is ever done. It used to be rather free form, but since the Chapterhouse case, it's been focused on model development first then rules.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.