Impending Eldar release and FLGS rationing...

General discussion about Warhammer 40k
degriffin64
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Re: Impending Eldar release and FLGS rationing...

Postby degriffin64 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:33 am

Um, maybe I'm just dumb. Maybe I don't have enough experience with what the haters deem as GW and their unfair practices. Maybe I'm just reading less in to the shipping note.

Where does it say that quantity is limited? It only states that if you order by X day, they will process the shipment on W, M, etc following. It looks to me on the surface of the note that they are attempting to gage inventory management. Not necessarily limit product. GW is likely similar to most businesses now a days that work on just in time inventory and they don't want piles of excess sitting on their shelves waiting for B&M to order it.

Anyway, again I don't see where they are saying you can't have 50 Wraithknights. Only that if you wait to order, it might ship later. Heck I was in the electronic industry for 20 years and we always did that with new releases to assure that everybody got some product rather than having to tell a customer we were out of stock on day 2.

just my humble 2 cents
D Griffin
BA Germans = 1250
SM = 2800
Eldar = 2000
Abaddon
Warboss
Warboss

Postby Abaddon » Wed May 29, 2013 9:11 am

So, here's an update. From what I have been told (perhaps this is old news, but new to me) all manufacturing has been moved to the UK due to UK tax laws and potential penalties for the percentage of manufacturing that has to stay within the country. As I have been informed the US facility no longer turns out product but has only Support Staff. This would explain longer response and shipping times as well as product delays.

I'm still with you on the delays for retailers and seem to has a disparity between what they will ship to a store and what they will ship direct. I'm still digging and will keep you guys posted as well as working to substantiate what I was told.

Thanks All,
Ashes Nei
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Ashes Nei » Wed May 29, 2013 10:34 am

degriffin64 wrote:Where does it say that quantity is limited? It only states that if you order by X day, they will process the shipment on W, M, etc following. It looks to me on the surface of the note that they are attempting to gage inventory management. Not necessarily limit product. GW is likely similar to most businesses now a days that work on just in time inventory and they don't want piles of excess sitting on their shelves waiting for B&M to order it.

Anyway, again I don't see where they are saying you can't have 50 Wraithknights. Only that if you wait to order, it might ship later. Heck I was in the electronic industry for 20 years and we always did that with new releases to assure that everybody got some product rather than having to tell a customer we were out of stock on day 2.

The quantity is not limited... if you order directly from their store.
They are limiting how much they sell to game stores however.

That's the problem. They sell the product at wholesale prices to retailers, which is a lot less than it would cost you or me. So they'd rather skip the middle-man and just sell directly to you or me (well, you, not me). There's not even a shipping delay if you order directly from them.
GamingSaloonBill
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby GamingSaloonBill » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:56 pm

This "rationing" was just another case of the internet spouting off at the mouth in some knee-jerk attempt to tar and feather GW before there was even a problem. The Saloon has not had a single issue ordering any of the new releases for... well, since I've been working here.
Bill at The Gaming Saloon
bill@battlefoam.com

The Gaming Saloon
240 N. Sunway Dr #101
Gilbert, AZ 85233
480-747-0230 ext 5000
exlibrismortis
Warboss
Warboss

Postby exlibrismortis » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Exactly what Bill said. Speak to the stores and you find no issues to supply requests.
Abaddon
Warboss
Warboss

Postby Abaddon » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Well, I didn't just dream up the situation. My information comes from 2 other stores. Perhaps it's a volume related issue.
cyrax89
Warboss
Warboss

Postby cyrax89 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:56 am

I spoke with a few stores out of state and they reported no problems with any releases except for the Tau. Isolated incidents maybe?