Silly Question: Terminator Heavy Weapons?

General discussion about Warhammer 40k
JakeM
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Silly Question: Terminator Heavy Weapons?

Postby JakeM » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:32 pm

OK Whats the befits for equipping Cyclone Missile over the other Terminator Heavy weapon choices?
NightLordsOldtimer
Warboss
Warboss

Re: Silly Question: Terminator Heavy Weapons?

Postby NightLordsOldtimer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:12 pm

The option of shooting 2 frag or 2 krak missiles per turn, which gives you both anti-infantry & anti-vehicle/MC. And, depending on the codex (but I'm not certain of this), it's an add-on to the squad, not a replacement for the 1 heavy weapon you can take per 5 Termies..

It's a very flexible option, especially if you magnetize the cyclone launcher...
A bad day of gaming beats a good day of work (or school) every time!
JakeM
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby JakeM » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Thats very interesting, thank you for the breakdown.
zXzGrifterzXz
Warchief
Warchief

Postby zXzGrifterzXz » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:52 am

NightLordsOldtimer wrote:And, depending on the codex (but I'm not certain of this), it's an add-on to the squad, not a replacement for the 1 heavy weapon you can take per 5 Termies..

For Space Wolves its one or the other.

NightLordsOldtimer wrote:It's a very flexible option, especially if you magnetize the cyclone launcher...

Agreed.
"For Russ! For the Wolf Time!"
SunDontShine
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby SunDontShine » Sun May 05, 2013 9:23 am

What is magnetize exactly
NightLordsOldtimer
Warboss
Warboss

Postby NightLordsOldtimer » Sun May 05, 2013 11:17 am

"Magnetize" means to set magnets into the top of one of the Twrminators & into the connecting points of the cyclone missile launcher so that they line up with the ones on the top of the termie. Then you can play with either the cyclone missile launcher attached to that termie (via the magnets), or leave it off & not pay the points for it that game...

This is just the specific example relevant to this post. In general, lots of stuff can be magnetized to give you options of what to take in which game, so that you don't have to have one entire model for each option, but have the model & all the options with magnets to allow you to customize your list to taste & circumstances...

Hope that helps...
A bad day of gaming beats a good day of work (or school) every time!
SunDontShine
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby SunDontShine » Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Thank you I looked it up it is interesting. Obviously I'm new with only one game under my belt so do people usually go by what your character has IE bolt pistol and close combat weapon and strictly Stick to that and forbid 'taking note' of that same model carrying a heavy Bolter instead. Cuz models ain't cheap
zXzGrifterzXz
Warchief
Warchief

Postby zXzGrifterzXz » Fri May 10, 2013 10:30 am

It depends, normally unless otherwise stated. Models are WYSIWYG, which means "What You See Is What You Get". For example, a BloodClaw Space Wolf who is modeled as holding a close Combat Weapon and a Bolt Pistol is counted as having a close combat weapon and bolt pistol. But sometimes laid back games among friends will allow models or wargear to be "Proxied". For example, I have a Rune Priest(Space Wolf Librarian) who is modeled with a Plasma Pistol but in a few of my lists I dont pay the points for it so I let my opponent know beforehand that the Rune Priest will have a "Proxied" Bolt Pistol instead of the Plasma Pistol which the model is depicted with. Usually most players are ok with Proxies as long as you dont go overboard.
"For Russ! For the Wolf Time!"
exlibrismortis
Warboss
Warboss

Postby exlibrismortis » Fri May 10, 2013 11:48 am

Tips for proxying.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

If necessary...

Be consistent in your proxy. If you want a guardsmen with a flamer to be a guardsman with a melta gun, make sure all the guardsmen with flamers ARE proxying as having meltaguns.

DO NOT proxy things that are not of like sizes. It's "ok" to proxy a rhino as a predator due to it being the same chasis. Same thing goes for a Chimera being a Hellhound. But dear god a Rhino is no where near the same size as a Land Raider, nor is a Land Speeder anything like a Leman Russ. Same thing goes with infantry models. A guardsman/space marine sized model is not an appropriate proxy for a Monstrous creature, and vice versa.

Make sure your opponent/tournament organizer is OK with proxying and TELL your opponent what is what prior to the game. Provide them with a list for proof.

Tokens tend to help. Red tokens to marks certain things and blue... etc etc.
exlibrismortis
Warboss
Warboss

Postby exlibrismortis » Fri May 10, 2013 11:49 am

Proxying is a great way to test an army out prior to buying all the models, as long as you got people/friends willing to go with it, per se. But always remember, there is an immense sense of pride and joy in actually owning, building, and painting the models to field. Trust me, its great seeing your army out there, fully painted, smashing face in... Or dying even.