1850 competitive nids, please comment.

Post your army lists for Warhammer 40k here.
ds4502
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

1850 competitive nids, please comment.

Postby ds4502 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:28 pm

1849 Tyranids

(No Category) - 100
Tyrant Guard 100
2x Tyrant Guard

HQ - 535
Swarmlord 285

Hive Tyrant 250
Hive Commander, Wings, 2x Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech worms

Elites - 50
Zoanthrope - 50

Troops - 435
Termagant Brood - 240
26x Devourer Termagants, 4x Fleshborer Termagants

Tervigon - 195

Fast Attack - 155
Hive Crone - 155

Heavy Support - 575
Carnifex Brood -405
3x Carnifex, 3x Adrenal Glands

Exocrine - 170

Swarmlord hitches a ride with the tyrant gaurd, the 30 man Termagant squad uses the Hive Commander to outflank, Carnifexes move>run every turn with fleet until they are in charge range (2 or 3). Any questions or comments would be greatly appreciated to help me refine anything that seems to be missing.
gwinkleman
Grunt
Grunt

Re: 1850 competitive nids, please comment.

Postby gwinkleman » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:49 pm

ds4502 wrote:1849 Tyranids

(No Category) - 100
Tyrant Guard 100
2x Tyrant Guard

HQ - 535
Swarmlord 285

Hive Tyrant 250
Hive Commander, Wings, 2x Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech worms

Elites - 50
Zoanthrope - 50

Troops - 435
Termagant Brood - 240
26x Devourer Termagants, 4x Fleshborer Termagants

Tervigon - 195

Fast Attack - 155
Hive Crone - 155

Heavy Support - 575
Carnifex Brood -405
3x Carnifex, 3x Adrenal Glands

Exocrine - 170

Swarmlord hitches a ride with the tyrant gaurd, the 30 man Termagant squad uses the Hive Commander to outflank, Carnifexes move>run every turn with fleet until they are in charge range (2 or 3). Any questions or comments would be greatly appreciated to help me refine anything that seems to be missing.

I'm no tourney professional so take my suggestions however you'd like!

HQ:

Flyrant w/ TL devourers and HC is a solid choice.

Swarmlord w/ 2 Tyrant Guard is good IF you can footslog them across the board and get them into assault. You can free up a lot of points and add some flexibility to your army if you replace with another Flyrant with the same load out as the first.

Troops:
I'm pretty sure that 240 pts gets you 30 termies (120 pts @ 4 pts/model) w/ 20 devourers (4 pts/model). Looks like you may be cheating yourself a bit.

If you free up some of your points, the Thorax biomorph is a nice addition to the Tervigon for only 10 points. Give you a nice Wall of Death attack if it gets assaulted.

Elites
Good choice for anti-armor here. No real complaints but if you free up some points you may want to consider upping this to a brood of 3 (more Warp blast attacks and durability) and upgrading one to a Neurothrope.

Fast Attack:
Love Hive Crones. Keep this as is!

Heavy Support:
Are you running all three Carnifexes in a brood? You'll roll fewer times for Instinctive behavior this way but if you keep them separate, then Instinctive Behavior doesn't really matter because they'll just charge the enemy instead of attacking each other. Really a preference call. If you can afford the points, putting twin-linked devourers w/ brain leech worms on these make them VERY versatile!

Exocrine is great but it doesn't seem to me that it fits with this load out. Most everything else will want to push forward whereas this one unit will want to hang back. Might make it vulnerable to deep striking enemies.