Blood Angel 1850 list

Post your army lists for Warhammer 40k here.
howtime88
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Blood Angel 1850 list

Postby howtime88 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:30 am

Greetings,

Here is the 1850 BA list i am currently running.
Let me know what you think.

HQ:
1 - Cmdr Dante
1 - Reclusiarch

Elites:
3X - Sanguinary Priests (1 w/ Jump pack)

Troop:
5X - Sanguinary Guard (p.fist, Inf Pistol, 2X GE Axe, 2x GE sword, chapter banner, Death masks)
8X - Death co. (1 pwr fist, 2 pwr wps)
1X - Death co. Dread (blood claws, Meltagun, Stormbolter)
10X - Tactical squad (Flamer, M. Launcher)
10X - Tactical squad (Flamer, M. Launcher)

Fast Attack:
1X - Baal pred (TL Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter spon)

Heavy Support:
1X - Stormraven gunship (TL Laz, TL M.Melta, Hurricane Bolters)

Death co, Death co dread and reclusiarch in the Stormraven.

Thoughts?
-H
NightLordsOldtimer
Warboss
Warboss

Re: Blood Angel 1850 list

Postby NightLordsOldtimer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:06 pm

I don't know the BA codex very well in terms of whether certain special characters or HQ choices make non-Troops choices scoring units, but it looks to me like you've only got 2 Troops choices, meaning only 2 scoring units (for sure), which is never a good thing, IMHO. You've got a lot of fun stuff, to be sure, but I'd try to squeeze in a unit of at least 5 Scouts with sniper rifles and a missile launcher for a 3rd Troops choice. Even at 1,850 I don't like to leave home with less than 3 Troops, and I prefer 4 (& usually take 4).

Also, why does one of the Sanguinary Priests have a jump pack when it looks like no one else has a jump pack?

That's just my 2 cents...
A bad day of gaming beats a good day of work (or school) every time!
howtime88
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby howtime88 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Yeah, i totally agree. With Dante, the Sang. Guard are scoring (troops), and i typically combat squad the 10 man tactical squads.

-H
howtime88
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby howtime88 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:43 pm

As to the priest with the Jump pack, he runs around with Dante and the guard as they have Jump packs as well.
-H
NightLordsOldtimer
Warboss
Warboss

Postby NightLordsOldtimer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:59 pm

howtime88 wrote:Yeah, i totally agree. With Dante, the Sang. Guard are scoring (troops), and i typically combat squad the 10 man tactical squads.

-H

I keep forgetting you SMs can combat squad. That gives you more units, but I always wonder if they're robust enough at 5 man each...

howtime88 wrote:As to the priest with the Jump pack, he runs around with Dante and the guard as they have Jump packs as well.
-H

Ah. You might want to edit your OP & list the jump packs with the Sang Guard. Or do they come standard with them? Like I said, it's been a while since I've looked over the BA codex...

What's the GE Axe & GE Sword in the Death Co? I figure it's some kind of power weapon, just can't remember what the "GE" might stand for...

Thanks...
A bad day of gaming beats a good day of work (or school) every time!
howtime88
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby howtime88 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:43 pm

Heh, i could lend you my dex.. :-)
Kidding of course, i guess i didn't think i needed to add that much detail on each unit.

The Sanguinary Guard all come with Jump packs and have 2 handed power weapons (Glave Encarmine) with the exception of the Power fist.
Dante also has a jump pack.

-H
ianj253
Warchief
Warchief

Postby ianj253 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Hey, I'm also a BA player so I'll make a few suggestions.

First off I'm just not fan of reclusiarch's. I know their liturgy of blood power is awesome when combined with DC, but It's really an over kill. I feel a Librarian will do the Rec's job better and offer your army way more utility. With a Divination Librarian you can take prescience and get rerolls to hit on EVERYTHING until your turn. Liturgy of blood only works for the first round of CC and only if you charged. Since you get 2 rolls on the table with librarian you have a shot at getting another useful power like forewarning or misfortune. The telepathy power's are also pretty useful.

My second suggestion is to take a Furioso Dread instead of the DC. AV13 has been just so much better than AV12 in CC. The DC dread can be glanced to death in CC by grenades, while the furioso is immune to this.

I also would be wary of putting the Rec, Dread, and DC in the storm raven. That total load is 705 points on the offensive hitting power that is off the board. If you fail your reserve roll your hammer won't be assaulting until turn 4. Also If the raven gets shot down almost everyone inside will die. The only thing I'm willing to transport in a raven is Mephiston or a dread because if it goes down they can survive the crash and still be effective.

I think putting the DC in a Drop pod may be a better option, and it allows you to put turn 1 pressure on your opponent. Here's a thread that has some advice about using DC in a pod http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topi ... d-tactics/

If you're going to take the Baal Predator I'd also suggest you find some points to take a second one. As it stands It's your only armor on the board and it'll be a magnet for your opponents high strength weaponry. With 2 on the board you'll have a better chance of them being effective.

Well those are just some thoughts from my experience, but take what you want from it.
howtime88
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby howtime88 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Thanks Ian, some very thought provoking suggestions.
-H