Which 1750 Daemon list is best?

Post your army lists for Warhammer 40k here.

Which Daemon list is best?

List 1
50%
List 2
No votes
List 3
No votes
None of the above
50%

Total votes: 2
Jaygh
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Which 1750 Daemon list is best?

Postby Jaygh » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:45 pm

So, I'm in a quandary. I feel like all of these lists are pretty decent, but I'm not sure which one I want to run in tournaments next year. Btw, they all have CSM allies

List 1:

Fateweaver
Daemon Prince of Slaanesh with Greater Reward, Exalted Reward, Wings, Armor, Mastery Level 3
CSM Daemon Prince with Black Mace, Armor, Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Gift of Mutation, Mastery Level 3, Spell Familiar
10 Daemonettes with Alluress
10 Cultists
Heldrake with Baleflamer
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with Wings, Armor, Exalted Reward, Mastery Level 3

This is the only one of the three I've played with. Out of the 5 games I played with it I only lost 1, and had the game ended on 5 or 6 I would have won. The Slaanesh prince is in there for anti-air, if I can get Iron Arm he can kill most flyers with lash.

List 2:
Fateweaver
Daemon Prince of Nurgle with Wings, Armor, Greater Reward, Exalted Reward, Mastery Level 3
CSM Daemon Prince with Black Mace, Armor, Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Mastery Level 3, Spell Familiar
10 Cultists
Heldrake with Baleflamer

This list is similar to the first, but has a Nurgle prince in there to get the Balesword, and deal with things like wraithknights, dreadknights, and riptides much easier.

List 3:
Fateweaver
Lord of Change with 2 Greater Rewards, Lesser Reward, Mastery Level 3
CSM Sorcerer
10 Cultists
Heldrake with Baleflamer

This list gives me the option to take 4 instances of Flickering Fire at mastery level 3, which versus some opponents could be game-winning. I'm thinking Dark Eldar, Craftworld Eldar if I can get butt shots on grav tanks and blow away warwalkers. 2-3 more rolls on divination can help too.

So, which of the above is the best, and does it need improvement? Are they all good, and I'm just the best 40k gamer ever? Are they all terrible and I should stick to easy games like rock paper scissors? Comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated.
Ahriman
Warchief
Warchief

Re: Which 1750 Daemon list is best?

Postby Ahriman » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Flying circus is not as good as it once was with eldar all over the place and Inquisition squads with crossbows killing DP all day. Inquisition has really made a difference in the game, IG is coming back with them. Heldrakes while good are not that great as marines are not really on the table outside bikes. Most units on the table are 2+ or multi wound models. AV 14 is making a come back in a huge way and rate of fire is higher then it has ever been. These are some random thoughts on the meta.

I would say that you should run more fast assault units. Most of the armies in the game now are on foot or atleast on the ground, its a real change from 8 months ago, thank you eldar and tau.