Want advice on a GK Bombardment list I am working on

Post your army lists for Warhammer 40k here.
ds4502
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Want advice on a GK Bombardment list I am working on

Postby ds4502 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:04 am

+++ No Name (1972pts) +++
Selections:

Grey Knights 5th Edition (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (455pts)

* Grey Knight Brother Captain (215pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Independent Character, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psyker (Mastery Level 1), The Aegis)
Frag, Krak and Psyk-out Grenades, Hammerhand, Nemesis Force Sword, Orbital Strike Relay (50pts), Psychic Communion, 3x Servo Skulls (15pts), Storm Bolter

* Grey Knight Grand Master (240pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Grand Strategy, Independent Character, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psyker (Mastery Level 1), The Aegis)
Frag, Krak and Psyk-out Grenades, Hammerhand, Mastery Level 1, Nemesis Force Sword, Orbital Strike Relay (50pts), Psychic Communion, 3x Servo Skulls (15pts), Storm Bolter

+ Elites + (507pts)

* Techmarine (169pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Blessing of the Omnissiah, Bolster Defences, Independent Character, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psyker (Mastery Level 1), The Aegis)
Conversion Beamer (20pts), Frag, Krak and Psyk-out Grenades, Orbital Strike Relay (50pts), Power Weapon, 3x Servo Skulls (9pts)

* Techmarine (169pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Blessing of the Omnissiah, Bolster Defences, Independent Character, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psyker (Mastery Level 1), The Aegis)
Conversion Beamer (20pts), Frag, Krak and Psyk-out Grenades, Orbital Strike Relay (50pts), Power Weapon, 3x Servo Skulls (9pts)

* Techmarine (169pts)

+ Troops + (1010pts)

* Grey Knight Terminator Squad (505pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Brotherhood of Psykers, Combat Squads, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), The Aegis)
Brotherhood Banner (25pts), Hammerhand, 3x Nemesis Force Daemonhammer, 2x Nemesis Force Falchions (10pts), 3x Nemesis Force Sword, Psybolt Ammunition (20pts), 2x Psycannon (50pts), 9x Terminators (360pts)
* Terminator Justicar (40pts)
Nemesis Force Sword, Storm Bolter

* Grey Knight Terminator Squad (505pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Brotherhood of Psykers, Combat Squads, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), The Aegis)
Brotherhood Banner (25pts), Hammerhand, 3x Nemesis Force Daemonhammer, 2x Nemesis Force Falchions (10pts), 3x Nemesis Force Sword, Psybolt Ammunition (20pts), 2x Psycannon (50pts), 9x Terminators (360pts)
* Terminator Justicar (40pts)
Nemesis Force Sword, Storm Bolter

The 15 servo skulls are there to blanket the battlefield with making sure that my blasts and large blasts scatter a maximum of 1d6. And with 5-15 str 6 ap4 large blasts from the HQ and elites every turn (unless I wished to use a conversion beamer) I was thinking this might be of interest in trying. Grand Master and Brother Captain would be in one squad, the 3 tech marines would be in the other squad of terminators. Just throwing around ideas.
Jaygh
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: Want advice on a GK Bombardment list I am working on

Postby Jaygh » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Hmmm, it's not a terrible idea, but I think you need a little more mobility. As it is, you're going to want to be stationary pretty much the whole game, and that's not a good thing when playing objectives. This list will tear some people up, other people will just walk all over you. The best idea I can think of is drop one terminator squad and the brother-captain, and pick up Coteaz, some henchmen squads, and 1-2 stormravens to give you mobile scoring and something to threaten flyers.
Abaddon
Warboss
Warboss

Postby Abaddon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:46 pm

I'll play that list any day. With the way the grave guns work now, you are asking to get ripped to pieces quickly. Remember you're only T4 and lots of things can double out your termies. Regardless, enough shots and you're going to fail that 2+ as well. You have a 1 trick pony here that in theory is interesting, but not enough troops to capture any objectives and no mobility. So if you're playing straight up KP scenario, you might be fine, but this list looks like a tourney standing of 1-2 if you're playing against the average meta found out there.

Keep in mind I say these things as a Grey Knights player too, But I always have to say you are better served with nicely kitted Strike Squads and Coteaz giving henchmen access. Don't forget the often overlooked Interceptors, they have the speed, and packed with the flamers, they can make their impression felt quickly.

Just 1 persons input for what it's worth.
ds4502
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby ds4502 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:00 pm

This is still me without a book, and I have only played "as grey knights" once, using a friend's list. I have also only played against Grey Knights 1 or 2 times. So I am still not sure of all the grey knight rules/units yet.
Abaddon
Warboss
Warboss

Postby Abaddon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:23 pm

I have an extra codex I'll let go real cheap if you want it. I want you to have the proper tools.