Silly CSM list for 2K

Post your army lists for Warhammer 40k here.
ds4502
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Silly CSM list for 2K

Postby ds4502 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:16 am

2000 point Slaanesh list

Fortifications (Fortification) Selections:

+ Fortification + (85pts)

* Aegis Defense Line (85pts)
Gun emplacement with Icarus lascannon (35pts)

Chaos Space Marines 6th Ed (2012) by SN (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (293pts)

* Chaos Lord (138pts)
(Champion of Chaos, Fearless, Independent Character)
Bike (20pts), Gift of mutation (10pts), Mark of Slaanesh (15pts), Sigil of corruption (25pts)
* Power Armour (3pts)
Close Combat Weapon, Combi-bolter (3pts)

* Warpsmith (155pts)
(Champion of Chaos, Independent Character, Master of Mechanisms, Shatter Defences)
Aura of dark glory (15pts), Burning Brand of Skalanthrax (30pts), Power Axe

+ Troops + (1022pts)

* Noise Marines (Troops) (511pts)
(Fearless, Mark of Slaanesh)
Icon of Excess (30pts), 2x Noise Marine w/ Blastmaster (94pts), 18x Noise Marine w/ Sonic Blaster (360pts)
* Noise Champion (27pts)
(Champion of Chaos)
Bolt Pistol, CCW (Sonic Blaster)

* Noise Marines (Troops) (511pts)
(Fearless, Mark of Slaanesh)
Icon of Excess (30pts), 2x Noise Marine w/ Blastmaster (94pts), 18x Noise Marine w/ Sonic Blaster (360pts)
* Noise Champion (27pts)
(Champion of Chaos)
Bolt Pistol, CCW (Sonic Blaster)

+ Heavy Support + (600pts)

* Defiler (200pts)
(Daemon, Daemonforge, Fleet, It Will Not Die)
Daemonic possession, Dirge Caster (5pts), Heavy Flamer, Power Fist

* Defiler (200pts)

* Defiler (200pts)

Chaos Lord will be in 1 squad of noise marines, Warpsmith (manning Lascannon) will be in the other squad, both behind the aegis, Defilers would lob Battle Cannon shots while advancing to rush into Close Combat with 5 attacks base, 6 on the charge with dirge casters to stop those lucky melta-gun overwatch shots.
NightLordsOldtimer
Warboss
Warboss

Re: Silly CSM list for 2K

Postby NightLordsOldtimer » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:25 am

What? No Heldrakes???

Interesting....

I'll tell you, tho, first thing I'd do is shoot the living shit out of that Icarus gun turn 1 with two squads of Autocannon Havocs and take it out of your equation. Then when my Heldrakes come in, your Noise Marines will get a taste of the "no cover save" that they like to put out. The Aegis won't help them there.

Why put the Lord on a bike if he's just gonna sit in a squad of NMs? He's got nothing in the way of a power weapon to deal with anything that comes his way, and once the Noise Champion loses a challenge, the Lord will have to challenge.

One thing to possibly consider is to take some Slaaneshi Daemon allies. I'm thinking a flying Daemon Prince of Slaanesh with the whip to help deal with enemy fliers (cuz that Icarus is gonna be dead Turn 1), and two squads of as many Daemonettes as you can fit in. Drop your Noise Marine squads down to two 10 man squads to free up the points (or 4 squads of 6, which is Slaanesh's favored number, right?). The Daemonettes can run/fleet up with the Defilers & act as a primary assault unit, & the Defilers can counter-assault (or vice versa). Just thinking out loud here, and trying to keep it Slaanesh oriented. Also, the Daemonettes can Deep Strike, so you can keep them in reserve & drop them in behind the enemy lines when they turn up, which will probably be about the same time that the Defilers get into CC. If you assault with the Defilers first, then assault the same unit with the Daemonettes, the Daemonettes won't get Overwatched when they assault, and they pack a helluva punch on the charge. Having them in the same combat as a Defiler will help keep your CC results up, so the Daemonettes will be less likely to have to take a Daemonic Instability check at the end of each round of combat. Keep a unit do the ladies with a Defiler and have them tag-team another unit once they've finished up the first unit they charged. What does your opponent shoot at? The squishy Daemonettes, or the big, scary Defiler with 4 hull points? Both will hurt when they get into assault with the same unit...

Also, going back to the Lord, why not strip him down of all his war gear (since it looks like you just took him to make the NMs Troops) & buy yourself a flying Slaaneshi Daemon Prince with The Black Mace as a 2nd HQ?

Like I said, just thinking out loud. I think Defilers are under-appreciated, but they are a bit pricey in points. But it's an interesting idea. I'd just drop the Aegis & Icarus gun altogether & either put your Lord in TDA with a lightning claw (or 2!), and keep him & the NMs in whatever cover the battlefield already supplies.

Like I said, just thinking off the top of my head. I've never run a Slaanesh army (yet), but some things to chew on...
A bad day of gaming beats a good day of work (or school) every time!
Ak2Az
Warchief
Warchief

Postby Ak2Az » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Pretty sure the word "silly" in silly csm list means this list is not supposed to be competitive and just for fun
ds4502
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby ds4502 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:11 pm

what Ak said
ds4502
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby ds4502 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:19 pm

but yeah the warpsmith is to make it so that first blood is very easy to obtain with 3 battle cannons from the defielers. As far as the helldrake goes, it will likely kill 3-4, possibly 5 noise marines (with FNP) and then get shot in the butt to death by them right after, thus not making up its points at all. The whole point behind putting the lord on a bike, is simply to make getting warlord slightly harder, with his Jinksave and +1 toughness, should sternguard run around my rear side. Also, if all I am worrying about for that list is a helldrake or two. I can set up my aegis withing 6 inches of my board edge and watch as that bird has tremendous difficulty vector striking, and following up by losing a turn of effectiveness completely as it tried to get back into position. Str 4 salvo 3 guns will damage a helldrake's butt plenty. If it decides to hover, then the Defielers and the warpsmith(power axe) can easily turn it to scrap. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that any of your opinions are invalid at all. I am just answering your questions, which you had posted. This is also still a concept that I have not tested. But I know that my Nob units laugh at helldrakes with their 5+/5+ inv/FNP. And they cost a pretty penny more.
ds4502
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby ds4502 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:20 pm

I am quite eager to see how this goes in a test run ^_^. I might give her a try tomorrow to see how viable it is. Now just to be a jerk and finally get that infernal Aegis defense line.