Introduce Yourself

Talk about the hobby, introduce yourself, provide feedback about the site, and anything else that doesn't fit in another category.
Moogle
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Moogle » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:18 am

Hi I'm Jake and I just moved down here to Tempe, Arizona for school at Arizona State.
I play 40k and am looking for people to play with.
The nearest hobby store I live by is the Game Depot.
Let me know if you ever want to play a game.
howtime88
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby howtime88 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:18 am

Hi, My name is Howard, 39yrs old.
I Play 40k, but am very new.
I live near Imperial Outpost, and would be interested in getting some games in so i can learn the ropes.

-H
JStorey
Grunt
Grunt

Postby JStorey » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Hello my name is Jacob storey i have been gaming for a number of years but have been out of it for about 10yrs and looking to get started back up in magic 40k and warhammer fantasy but willing to try new games to see whats out there
:thumbsup:
brother_julianus
Grunt
Grunt

Postby brother_julianus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Name: Julian Oliver
Games you play: WarMachine/ Hordes
How long have been playing wargames: began playing warhammer 40k back in 2002. Started playing warmachine when it was first introduced.
What game store You frequent: I typically play at Empire in fact since moving to the area it is the only place I have ever played a wargame so far. Currently I posses one Warmachine army: My favorite of coarse: Retribution of Scyrah (although I used to own the four original armies at one time. I Plan to start a Trollsbloods army soon so I have to different types of armies. Best of gaming to everyone and thanks to a good friend for telling me about this site. I have been out of playing the last two years do to employment but plan to begin making the Monday night games at Empire and expanding from there, best of gaming everyone.
If you are still looking at your dice results....give up you failed
KidFury
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby KidFury » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:03 pm

C Jones
40k, Infinity, and Anima Tactics
I've played off and on for about 6 years
I play at Empire Games and Battle Foam Gaming Saloon.
I have a small Space wolves army, a small collection of anima tactics figs, and a large Ariadna and Aleph army for Infinity.
Skip
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Skip » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Name: John
Games you play: WarHammer Fantasy & WarHammer 40k
How long have you played Wargames: I have been playing wargames for the past five years (which has almost been exclusively 40k). I have recently started a small WarHammer Fantasy.
What game stores do you frequent: None in the Arizona area yet.
Residence: Yuma

I have recently found a job in Yuma, AZ (moving from upstate New York!) and I will be moving this summer. I'm a huge fan of WarHammer 40k and I have been playing for several years. I have been a huge fan of the painting side of the hobby over playing in tournaments (but I have played in numerous local events). I also attended Adepticon last year (2012) for the team tournament as a member of Team Battle Pouch.

I play Grey Knights for WarHammer 40k (but I swear I'm actually a nice person) and I have recently started a WarHammer Fantasy Empire army.

I noticed that there are a few big game stores up in the Phoenix area. Despite the three hour drive, I think it would be would within driving distance for bigger events and tournaments (feasible at least).
Last edited by Skip on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gullstaff
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Gullstaff » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:24 am

Hi I'm David I'm 28.
games: 40k, magic, wow and league
just moved to mesa, for the schools for my kids and health benefits for my self. just retired out of the army and looking for a new game shop to call home lol. :gunsshoot:
Carda
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Carda » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:14 pm

My name's Ryan, I just moved to Mesa from Bakersfield, CA. I mainly play Malifaux but am currently planning on getting back into Warmachine. I've checked out most of the stores in the area and have been impressed by all of them, so I may find myself shop-hopping depending on when the various events and tourneys are. ^_^
Vet_Tanker
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Vet_Tanker » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Gullstaff wrote:Hi I'm David I'm 28.
games: 40k, magic, wow and league
just moved to mesa, for the schools for my kids and health benefits for my self. just retired out of the army and looking for a new game shop to call home lol. :gunsshoot:

Welcome to the valley, soldier. Check out Empire Games. They're out in Mesa on Greenfield just south of the 60. I make the trek all the way from the far side of town there if that tells you anything. Good people, good tables, good selection of merchandise.
The Emperor protects!
JakeM
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby JakeM » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Hello my name is Jake, I'm new to Arizona (relocated from Oregon)
Games: Warhammer 40K (Should start playing again soon)
How long have I been playing? Since around 1989 so for a while...