Board Owner MIA

Talk about the hobby, introduce yourself, provide feedback about the site, and anything else that doesn't fit in another category.
DrunkenSamurai

Board Owner MIA

Postby DrunkenSamurai » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 am

It looks like the forum owner is MIA. It seems that membership is wide open with no one checking and approving new members. We are getting several new members everyday that all appear to be bogus. I went down this road several years ago the last time the forum owner abandoned us. I will not waste my time keeping this clean while my hands are tied. I am not an admin so I cannot make fundamental changes to the settings. I fear it is only a matter of time before the spambots kick in. Dozens are in place. It was fun while it lasted.
mfarl2001
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Board Owner MIA

Postby mfarl2001 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:30 pm

That sucks, no 2nd in charge, no #2, no Gneisenau to the admin's Blucher?
DrunkenSamurai

Postby DrunkenSamurai » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:23 am

Yeah the owner has not been here for 9 months and is not responding to my PM. There is no one here who has admin rights so there is not much I can do. I will ban those that spam and I will delete their posts. I cannot remove them from the boards and I cannot change any of the board setting to stop them from getting here in the first place. I fear this will blow-up like it did a few years ago when one of the previous admins bailed.
DrunkenSamurai

Postby DrunkenSamurai » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:47 am

Still no reply...