The status of this board

Talk about the hobby, introduce yourself, provide feedback about the site, and anything else that doesn't fit in another category.
Bribba
Site Admin
Site Admin

The status of this board

Postby Bribba » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Hello everyone. Let me apologize for my absence. There were several major life issues that hit me that caused me to put this site on the back burner but I always made sure the bill was paid so the site stayed up. I thought DrunkenSamurai had more permissions than he did. He has been a true hero and his work has been the thing holding this site back from oblivion. I can't thank him enough. Regardless, my absence left the site and all of you adrift and for that I am truly sorry. I love this board and our local gaming community. There has been a lot of damage done and I am not sure that can be repaired.

After speaking with DrunkenSamurai I know there is some desire to revive this board but I am not sure how much. Before I make a final decision on the fate of this board I thought I would pen this post and see what you guys thought, or see if anyone is still listening. Please let me know your thoughts. Are you guys still out there?
Ponatowski
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: The status of this board

Postby Ponatowski » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:08 pm

Welcome back. Hope everything is good with you now.

I like this forum, but I think the big issue will be bringing people back from all of the Facebook groups that have popped up.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom O
DrunkenSamurai

Postby DrunkenSamurai » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:21 am

I would like to see it stay. I think forums are much better for hobby talk that FB groups or other social media styles. The reality is, no one is here anymore and I don't think you will get them back.
Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Bruno » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:24 pm

I think the forum is a better way to keep things organize instead of tracking 15 different FB pages/groups. If forums were mobile friendly and it was easier to upload photos I could see more people coming back to them. If the forum sticks around I will make an effort to use it more and keep it active.
Bribba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bribba » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks for responding guys. Yes, hopefully life is calming down now and stabilizing. I think we all agree that forums are just a better medium than FB pages, but mobile devices are a huge part of gaming now too. I am encouraged by your guys responses and I think Bruno kinda brings up a good point that this site isn't mobile friendly. That is partly due to the bulletin board program that is run on GoDaddy's hosting plan (I also left GoDaddy which is another story for another day). Maybe it's time for an update; maybe it's time for a remodel of the site to a better board program. I have the domain paid up until January and the hosting is now paid up past that as well. For now I am going to leave the site up and look into better board programs. I migrated all my other domains away from GoDaddy, maybe migrating this site a new host too would be advantageous. Please let me know if you guys want to help in the redesign or have any suggestions.

Brian
Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Bruno » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:28 pm

I am willing to provide feedback and test out the new board. I don't know anything about computer programing and setting up a board. Just keep me posted on what I can do to help.
Bribba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bribba » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:37 pm

That's great. That's the kind of help needed, not any programming. I have that mostly covered. If anyone would like to be a moderator of the new board, please message me directly. I have a new board that I am testing right now.
Ak2Az
Warchief
Warchief

Postby Ak2Az » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:24 pm

Interested in seeing what direction this board takes. I have been checking in here periodically and not posting, so hopefully there are more lurkers such as myself who will breathe new life back into the forum.
iandimitri

Postby iandimitri » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:50 am

Welcome back. I have been away from the board for a long time. I would like to assist in bringing it back to life. Let me know what I can do to help.

Ian
DrunkenSamurai

Postby DrunkenSamurai » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:42 am

One thing that has slowed my usage of the forum is image hosting. I used to be able to embed images from my Blogger/Google galleries into my forum posts. Now that Google has changed their galleries this is much harder to do. Do you have local hosting as an option?