2500 WoC Deathstar fun list

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

2500 WoC Deathstar fun list

Postby AllAboutGames » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:22 pm

So I have gotten a little tired with the lists I have been running lately so I wanted to do something different. I recently bought some Chaos Knights and wanted to do something fun with them. So let me know what you guys would think, obviously I don't think this is an optimal list for winning at all costs, but looking to be fun yet competitive.

Lords:

Chaos Sorcerer Lord
-Lvl 4
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Barded Chaos Steed
-Dispel Scroll
-Crown of Command
-Talisman of Endurance
-Scaled Skin
-Flaming Breath

Heroes:

Exalted Hero
-BSB
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Barded Chaos Steed
-Halberd
-Obsidian Lodestone
-Ironcurse Icon

Exalted Hero
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Barded Chaos Steed
-Halberd
-Helm of Many Eyes
-Potion of Foolhardiness

Core:

22 Warriors of Chaos
-FC
-Mark of Nurgle
-Shields

5 Marauder Horsemen
-Mark of Khorne
-Muscian
-Flails

5 Hounds

5 Hounds

Chaos Chariot
-Mark of Slaanesh

Special:

12 Chaos Knights
-Mark of Tzeentch
-FC
-Ensorcelled Weapons
-Blasted Standard

Gorbeast Chariot
-Mark of Nurgle

Rare:

3 Skullcrushers of Khorne
-Musician
-Ensorcelled Weapons

Main idea obviously is putting the Knight bus into the main enemy unit. The MR 3 is to deal with Metal Magic and Death Snipes, and the Blasted Standard should discourage shooting attacks. I know Metal magic isn't the best lore to run, but it seems a better choice then Tzeentch. Also the 2nd Exalted hero can be used to charge out of the unit if a enemy block is rocking the flaming banner or something. Nurgle Warriors are my anvil unit to grind through enemies/absorb damage. Chariots are used as support charges or to combo charge together. Skullcrushers do what they always do. And the rest is chaff.

Let me know what you guys think.

Ben
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: 2500 WoC Deathstar fun list

Postby SkavenInAZ » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:34 am

My main question is how you put the words "Deathstar" and "Fun" in the same list name =)

It's even more points denial than your other lists. And it definitely has the hitting power to stay around. My concern with it would be, as you said, chaff, as it's easy enough to separate your 3 combat units (Knights, Warriors, SCs), and pick on them individually. It'll take practice, but I definitely think you'll be able to run through most armies. We'll have to try it sometime soon.
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

Postby AllAboutGames » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:26 am

Haha very true, most people might not find it very "fun". So I was thinking maybe dropping the gorbeast for another unit of marauder horsemen. Or maybe dropping the warriors unit down a bit and trying to fit in a unit of hellstriders (I have the models just never have really used them). So if I was able to do that, that would give me 2 units of dogs and 3 units of fast cav for chaff. And I never really seem to know what to so with gorbeast chariots. Yeah we will definitely have to try it out sometime.
Blue Collar
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Blue Collar » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:31 pm

I have a dwarf army and list ready to give that Blasted Standard a real test. Also thinking about it I think cannons and boltthrowers specifically say no armor saves. The strength of the shot doesn't matter. So maybe the standard isn't worth it.

Michael
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

Postby AllAboutGames » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:13 pm

That's true I'll have to go back and look what the rules state. I think it would still be effective against organ guns, hellblasters, handguns, or anything that is str 4 or 5 with armor piercing. Plus the banner is only 25 pts so it isn't a huge investment. We will have to get a game in with your new army this weekend.
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

Postby AllAboutGames » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:16 pm

So I can't find anywhere in the book where it says cannons dont allow armor saves. Bolt throwers definitely say no armor saves, but for cannons I cant find anything. Also does anyone know if for the Blasted Standard do I roll for every hit caused or for once for all the hits. i.e. my unit gets hit by 10 arrows. Do I roll 10 dice to see if the strength is halved for each, or do I roll once for all 10 and they all are modified based on that one roll? Thanks
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Postby gobbla » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Cannons do allow armor save, they just don't at st10 but will at st5.
I don t have my book in front of me but I believe you roll for every hits with the blasted standard so when 3pts goblin archers shoot at you 1/6 of them will be at str6 the rest at str2 so watch out!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

Postby AllAboutGames » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks Dmitri! Yeah that is one issue that I am trying to figure out, is the Blasted Standard worth taking to prevent cannons, organ guns, hellblasters, massed str 4 AP, etc or would it help my opponent too much because like you said str 3 bows can become str 6. Granted its only 1/6th of them, but if it is goblins or someone with a lot of str 3 shooting I could be in trouble. I mean in an ideal world the knight bus is in combat by turn 2, so i would only suffer 1 or 2 rounds of shooting. So I guess I will have to play test it to see what happens.
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

Postby AllAboutGames » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:28 am

Rewrote the list, changed a few things around. Took out the gorebeast chariot, and dropped the warriors down a little bit. Added another unit of marauder horsemen and the unit of hellstriders. Got me a couple more drops and some more chaff. Let me know if this looks better.

Lords:

Chaos Sorcerer Lord
-Lvl 4
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Barded Chaos Steed
-Dispel Scroll
-Crown of Command
-Talisman of Endurance
-Scaled Skin
-Flaming Breath

Heroes:

Exalted Hero