Wood Elves kinda

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
Blue Collar
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Wood Elves kinda

Postby Blue Collar » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:58 pm

My High Elves are pretending to be Wood Elves tomorrow. Here is the list.

Lords

Glade Lord - Starfire arrows, light armor, shield, The Spirit Sword, and Dragonbane Gem 247pts

Spellweaver - level 4 Beasts? 220pts

Heroes

Glade Captain - BSB, Starfire arrows, Armor of Fortune, Shield, Asrai Spear, Ironcurse Icon 148pts

Spellsinger - level 2, Life?, Dispel Scroll 140pts

Core

20 Eternal Guard - Full Command, shields, Standard of Discipline 285pts
20 Eternal Guard - Full Command, shields 270pts
15 Glade Guard - Standard, musician, arcane bodkins 275pts
10 Glade Guard - Trueflight arrows 150pts
10 Glade Guard - Hagbane arrows 150pts
5 Glade Riders 95pts
5 Glade Riders 95pts
5 Glade Riders 95pts

Special

15 Wildwood Rangers - Full Command, Lichebone Pendant 210pts
8 Wardancers 120pts

So I think I will have to play it like I used my Crusader's Retreat campaign list. Avoid as much as possible and sacrifice units. Nothing is worth many points, so I need to be willing to give up any unit when needed. I was thinking of giving the bsb the moonfire arrows but Force of Order armies don't really have much regeneration to counter. So I just doubled up on the starfire. Not sure about my lore choices, going with Beasts because I have used it before and it does have a spell to help control enemy movement. Maybe Fire would work also. Overall a really soft list I think, so Ben should be able to roll right over it.

Michael
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: Wood Elves kinda

Postby SkavenInAZ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:37 pm

Wardancers probably won't work well.

I'd combine the two Eternal Guard units.

With all the S3 shooting, I'd do shadow on one of the two mages to try for toughness debuffs.

Let us know how it goes!
Blue Collar
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Blue Collar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Fun game and a fun list I think. I went with lvl 4 shadow and lvl 2 beasts. I think I would still like lvl 4 beasts. In the end, all I had left were my 3 units of glade riders, my BSB and the hagbane glade guard. All he had left were 8 of his nurgle warriors, the lvl 2 slaneesh caster, the lvl 4 death general, BSB and a Chimera on 2 wounds. His Death mage did work taking out 3 of my characters, my lvl 4 on turn one. I have room to play though. Remove the Spirit Sword and a unit of glade riders for musicians in the 10 man archers and either ward saves for my characters or starfire/moonfire arrows on the other glade riders I think. Eternal Guard are really good and I think the wardancers are all right also. I did misplay them so lost them even though they soaked up a ton of damage with their 3 up ward dancing. Anyways I kinda want to collect some Welfs but will be going back to the Helfs.

Michael
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

Postby AllAboutGames » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Yeah it was a fun game! Well played on Michael's part for his first time every playing WEs. Still cant believe the eternal guard are WS 5 LD 9 Stubborn... But yeah I think taking out the spirit sword would be good, as well as a unit of riders. I dont know, I think that way watchers would be awesome. However the 15 -3 armor archers are good enough I think.

Ben