New 2500 WoC Less Hardcore List

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

New 2500 WoC Less Hardcore List

Postby AllAboutGames » Wed May 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Hey guys, decided to make up a new WoC list that I might start trying some time soon after the upcoming tournament, and something that is a little less crazy/competitive but something that will still put up a fairly good fight. Also I wanted something without the Daemon Prince.

Lord:

Chaos Sorcerer Lord
-Mark of Slaanesh
-Lvl 4
-Steed of Slaanesh
-Enchanted Shield
-Opal Amulet
-Allure of Slaanesh
-Ogre Blade
-Chaos Familiar
-Lore of Slaanesh

Heroes:

Exalted Hero
-BSB
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Daemon Mount w/ Barding
-Charmed Shield
-Talisman of Preservation
-Third Eye of Tzeentch
-Halberd

Chaos Sorcerer (General)
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Dispel Scroll
-Scaled Skin
-Lore of Metal

Core:

24 Chaos Warriors
-Mark of Tzeentch
-FC
-Shields
-Banner of Swiftness

Chaos Chariot
-Mark of Slaanesh

5 Warhounds
-Vanguard

5 Warhounds
-Vanguard

Special:

Gorbeast Chariot
-Mark of Nurgle

Chimera
-Flaming Breath
-Regen

3 Chaos Ogres
-Mark of Khorne
-Extra Hand Weapon

10 Hellstriders of Slaanesh
-FC

Rare:

Hellcannon

So the overall idea is that this is a fairly fast list while controlling the enemy's movement. The general sits in the big block of Tzeentch Warriors who are my main anvil, going to be tough to wipe out. BsB can sit in with the warriors or can run around with faster units. I chose metal because it my army doesn't have a whole lot of anti armor, and I think that the threat of searing doom or getting final trans is nice to have.

The hellstriders unit is a lot of points, but they hopefully will be fast enough to get around the flanks, and allow the Sorcerer lord to get off some of the better Slaanesh spells. Try to take advantage of the attribute lore to get some extra stats to use in tandem with the ogre blade. Also try to wipe out a few small chaff units along the way to get the bonuses for the unit.

The ogres are mainly for chaff clearing or beating up on cheap infantry. Chariots are there to hold units in place to get other charges in place or to support the bigger units. Chimera is to munch on anything it can get into combat with, and also prove to be a scary distraction to prevent them from shooting the hellstriders or other stuff.

Hellcannon is there to be scary, cause some LD checks with hopefully the Slaanesh spells working in tandem with that.

Let me know what you guys think of it, always willing to listen to comments and criticism about changing some things up. Bear in mind this doesn't have to be the be all end all list of super competitive play but I want to it to be able to hold its own. Thanks!

Ben
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: New 2500 WoC Less Hardcore List

Postby SkavenInAZ » Wed May 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Solid.... the Hellstriders are a huge point sink and going to die to S3 shooting though. Be very careful with them.

I'd drop the Frenzy from the Ogres, because you'll never control them with it unless babysat by the General/BSB. In the role you outlined, not going to happen.
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

Postby AllAboutGames » Wed May 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Yeah, the point sink is what I am worried about. I do not know how to protect them more though, besides trying to use their high movement to get around everything and position them correctly. Yeah I can drop the frenzy, should I throw nurgle on them or Slaanesh? Or not worry about a mark at all. Thanks for the input
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Wed May 21, 2014 7:46 pm

AllAboutGames wrote:Yeah, the point sink is what I am worried about. I do not know how to protect them more though, besides trying to use their high movement to get around everything and position them correctly. Yeah I can drop the frenzy, should I throw nurgle on them or Slaanesh? Or not worry about a mark at all. Thanks for the input

You probably can get around their lines with them -- barring some armies that have heavy shooting. For the Ogres, the mark is up to you... I'd probably do Nurgle or nothing IMHO.
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Lightningman » Thu May 22, 2014 6:59 pm

I agree with what was said about the hellstriders. Going to have to use terrain and canny placement but if they get around the flank they should be good and they are a threat that can't really be ignored. Also more than an adequate match for most other fast cav units.

Frankly I wouldn't bother marking the ogres at all. Just my two cents but if the points end up allowing even one more warrior elsewhere I think it would be a better use.