2,500 WoC Tournament Preparation List

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
davidg32
Grunt
Grunt

2,500 WoC Tournament Preparation List

Postby davidg32 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:22 pm

2,500 WoC Tournament List:
Hello everyone! My name is Dave. I am looking to begin traveling and competing on the US Tournament Circuit. I am in the list building / concept phase. Any comments or criticism would be much appreciated!

Lords:

Sorcerer Lord: 340
-Level 4 (Lore of Tzeentch) –Mark of Tzeentch –Chaos Familiar –Talisman of Endurance

Heroes:
Exalted Hero: 238
-Mark of Khorne –Talisman of Preservation –Shield –Iron Curse Icon –Soul Feeder –Juggernaut of Khorne

Exalted Hero: 218
-BSB –Mark of Tzeentch –Shield –Armour of Destiny –Scaled Skin

Sorcerer: 150
-Level 1 –Mark of Tzeentch (Lore of Metal) –Dispel Scroll

Core:
Chaos Warriors: 548
-29 –Mark of Tzeentch –Shields –Full Command –Blasted Standard

Chaos War Hounds: 50
-5 –Vanguard –Scaly hide –Mutant poisons

Special:
Gore Beast Chariot: 140

-Mark of Khorne

-Mark of Khorne

-Mark of Khorne

Rare:
Hell Cannon: 210
Skull Crushers of Khorne: 274
-3 –Full Command –Ensorcelled Weapons –Banner of Eternal Flame

-Dave
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: 2,500 WoC Tournament Preparation List

Postby SkavenInAZ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Welcome to the forum:

If you're looking to travel, where are you based out of, and where are you planning to go first?? I and another are going to Lonewolf in March, and I'll hit up Alamo in November as well.

As far as the list goes..

Demon Prince is better for WoC than a Chaos Lord.

Blasted Standard can give you issues, if you roll double strength on something like regular shooting, since it works on every shot.

29 Warriors is a huge slow point sink that will be easily avoided or redirected.. not sure that's good enough to be a heavy hitter in a tourney list. I can see people easily shooting down the 'crushers, then chariots, then dealing with the warriors on T4+ when you have no support.

Flaming Standard doesn't work with Ensorcelled Weapons, since they're magical attacks.

If you're local, we should test it out sometime.

Hope this helps!
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Postby gobbla » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Welcome to the forum Dave,
I like the list, I would un-mark the casters and change them to Death mages for snipping characters and the awesome doom and darkness/ hellcannon shot combo.
davidg32
Grunt
Grunt

Postby davidg32 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:00 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I live in North Scottsdale, and game out of GW. Hines, we actually met at the GW Scottsdale tournament a while back, I played the Empire army that you wrecked 1st game haha. Dimitri, thanks for suggesting I get onto this forum.

So as far as which tournaments I am going to, I haven't planned to go to any soon. I am realistically looking at tournaments later in the year because I first need to get much better with my army, and paint it. From what I have seen it looks like a decent amount of them have already filled up as far as sign ups go.

For the list, I thought about a demon prince, but just have not used it yet so I have no clue how to make that work. I get what you mean about the warrior block, I could shift some points and make it 2 units of 18 but that seems so small to me. The death magic idea makes sense for the hell cannon combo. When it comes down to it I need to just play more battles to really drive home fantasy strategies home.

I'm still building and assembling the army at this point but Ive got ogres and empire to practice with if either of you want to get some battles in, I sure would appreciate your guy's time as you both really know the game and subtleties of it.

Thanks!
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Ahh, yes!! Karl Franz!

If you're looking late in the year, check the Alamo out. I've gone once, great fun.

If you can make it down to Empire, I can play much more frequently, otherwise, I'm happy to make the trip up to North Scottsdale once in a while.

I'd suggest checking out LordTremendous battle reports on Youtube for some help on how to use a DP. He's a WoC player and uses one regularly.
davidg32
Grunt
Grunt

Postby davidg32 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:26 am

I don't mind heading to Empire as well. I have revised the list, what do you think?

Lords:
Demon Prince: 525
-Soul Feeder –Scaled Skin –Chaos Armour –Demonic Flight –Demon of Nurgle –Level 4 –Lore of Nurgle –Sword of Striking –Dragon Helm –Chaos Familiar

Heroes:
Exalted Hero: 195
-BSB –Mark of Tzeentch –Talisman of Preservation –Enchanted Shield

Sorcerer: 175
-Level 2 –Dispel Scroll –Lore of Death –Iron Curse Icon

Core:
Chaos Warriors: 346
-18 –Mark of Tzeentch –Shields –Full Command –Banner of Eternal Flame

Chaos Warriors: 405
-18 –Mark of Khorne –Shields –Halberds –Full Command –Banner of Swiftness

Special:
-Mark of Khorne

-Mark of Khorne

Rare:
Hell Cannon: 210
Skull Crushers of Khorne: 264
-3 –Full Command –Ensorcelled Weapons

Thanks again for your help!
-Dave
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Postby gobbla » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:26 am

I liked the previous list better. You don t need a Daemon prince to make the warriors competitive. Ask Jeff who won Feast of Blades with his Warriors recently. Your DP is too many points for something so fragile to cannons.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:47 am

Cannons are the one downside, but you can mitigate that with the charmed shield. And, for the points, it's around the same as a level 4 and a Chaos Lord -- and he's better. Plus, not every army in the game has cannons -- less than half by my recollection.
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Postby gobbla » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:52 am

Except the current tournament meta is built around dealing with the infamous Nurgle Deamon Prince
Agreed that the charmed shield is a 1+ item if you field that guy.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
davidg32
Grunt
Grunt

Postby davidg32 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:02 pm

I kind of like the feel of this list a bit more. I can swap out the dragon helm for the charmed shield easily enough. It may just take some practice to see how the dp does against cannons. I'd have to focus on taking those cannons out asap, but realistically by turn 2 right? I.e. use the charmed shield to survive the first shot, hope the 2nd or following cannon shots dont all go for him turn 1 and then charge into cc by time they come to shoot again in turn 2? Also, It'd force me to use my hell cannon to take cannons out and potentially death magic as well. Death magic / cannon combo worked well for me last Sunday to take out a doom wheel, and warp lightning cannon turn 1.