2500pt Lizardmen

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
ianj253
Warchief
Warchief

2500pt Lizardmen

Postby ianj253 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Hey all, just starting to get into fantasy and have gotten a few small games under my belt. Here's the list I've come up with to try out in larger games

Slann: Channeling staff, focus of mystery, Reservoir, Becalming cognition, Harmonic convergence
Scar-vet: Great Weapon, Charmed Shield, Talisman of protection, Carnosaur, Looping stride, Blood roar
Skink Priest: Lvl 1, dispel scroll, beasts
Skink skirmishers: 10 man, Lustrian javelins and shields
Skink cohort: 12 man, priest hides here.
Saurus Warriors: 30 man, Hand weapon, shields, FC
Temple guard: 20 man, Full command, Banner of eternal flame
Bastiladon: Solar engine
Chameleon Skinks: 5 man
Chameleon Skinks: 5 man
Ancient Stegadon: Sharpened horns
Salamander: Additional snack

Total 2498

So, what do you guys think?
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: 2500pt Lizardmen

Postby SkavenInAZ » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Solid list. Not sure I'm sold on the guy on Carnosaur, think he'll be pretty easy to deal with in most lists though.
ianj253
Warchief
Warchief

Postby ianj253 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Figured as much on the carnosaur, but it's an awesome model so I want to give it some use. I figured The Slanns walk between worlds would be nice to possibly teleport him 20 inches after his normal movement.

Would I be better off dropping the cohort and adding more skirmishers? I was just somewhat worried about the lone priest running around.
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Lightningman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:28 pm

I like the list a lot.

As long as you use the carnosaur right it will be a serious beat stick. Don't send him in alone unless it's against something you are absolutely sure he will destroy in one go. otherwise use him to support other combats, and keep in mind he will get a LOT of attention from enemy war machines. (I'd like to see the points free up somewhere to give that guy a ward save though)

I think the most useful unit of the new units has to be ripperdactyls and would very strongly advise trying to find the points for them. I'd happily drop a skink skirmisher unit and a chameleon unit to make it happen.

One more guy in TG unit would give you an even 5 ranks... worth considering.

Slann really should be BSB.

I'd probably drop that skink and the channeling staff off slann, move scroll to slann and make him bsb. Anything leftover goes to the one more TG and the ripperdactyls. The slann is going to have 7 spells, he will use all of your power dice almost always and the solar engine needs a power die as well. The skink priest leaving removes the need for the cohort as well.

I am much better at painting than playing so take it for what it is worth.
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Postby gobbla » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:11 pm

get rid of the cohort, the priest can join skirmishers if you have to. Make the slann your bsb.
i would not take the flaming banner personally because of characters with 2+ ward against flaming. talisman of protection is not really good for the scar vet. go with opal amulet instead if you re on a budget for the 4+ ward against the second cannon shot, your charmed shield should protect you from the first shot. If you have the points talisman of preservation for a permanent 4+ ward.
ianj253
Warchief
Warchief

Postby ianj253 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Opps the scar vet actually has the talisman of preservation.

I feel without the channeling staff harmonic convergence isn't as good. Harmonic convergence allows me to roll 3 channeling dice if you are unaware of the rule.

In the last couple of games I've made the mistake of not rolling enough dice for spells, so I figured the additional caster would help if I break concentration.

If I drop the cohort It has to be for more skirmishers because of core requirements. I really like the rippers, but the frenzy with low leadership makes them very unpredictable after their initial charge.
Black Templar
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Black Templar » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:47 am

I do not know the new book, but the list seems very balanced with a "mixed arms" feel to it.
cmccracken86
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby cmccracken86 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:39 pm

First off. you have spent a lot of points on your Slaan. Id drop a lot of that stuff down to channeling staff and harmonic. Go lore of metal for the great synergy with what people are playing now a days. He should still do great that way.

Next drop the cohort. Run another skirmisher instead. Switch 2 out to blowpipes. Youll need the extra shots vs big monsters.

Finally .. get some terradons and or ripperdactyls. Id go 2 units of terradons. Helps kills warmachines and chaff. Ripperdactyls can also suicide and kill characters with a buttload of attacks and killing blow

You need better protection on your scar vet on carnosaur .. he has a 3+ save in combat .. he will get owned.
Drop preservation and take the heavy armor 4+ ward. That gives him a 2+ right off the bat. Cause charmed shield doesnt work if it hits the mount. Im pretty sure. Then great weapon 2+ / 4+. you should roll with that.

My observations from a whole ton of lizard games.
ianj253
Warchief
Warchief

Postby ianj253 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks for the reply mccraken. Are the blowpipes worth it though? If I move and shoot multiple shots at long range I'll be losing the poison ability as I'll need 7's to hit. Also they may be losing their stand and shoot due to not having quick to fire.

I'd love to get some rippers or terradons into the list. After I have made suggested adjustments to slann, switched the cohort to skirmishers, and gave Scar-vet Light armor I only have 70 points available. If I drop the salamander that will put me at 150. Is dropping the salamander worth the gain from the terradons/rippers. If so, which is better to go with?

Have you ever tried out a lone skink chief on a terradon? I was thinking he could be used a lot like a HE great eagle, and if he takes the egg of Quango he could also potentially do a decent amount of damage.
cmccracken86
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby cmccracken86 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Drop one cham skink .. drop the cohort and change out the saurus on carnosaur to armor of destiny. Drop some stuff on your slaan. You should be able to get one unit of terradons in for that. Salamanders are awesome. Dont drop them. Also a long skink chief on terradon is awesome. Warmachine hunter. Character hunter. lots of awesome uses.