High Elf 2500pts

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
Black Templar
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

High Elf 2500pts

Postby Black Templar » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:22 am

Loremaster w/ Book of Hoeth & Talisman of Pres.: 330pts
Noble w/ BSB, Shield of Merwyrm, Sword of Anti-Heroes, Luckstone, Dragon Armor: 155pts

Spearman x30 w/ FC: 300pts
Archers x15 w/ Mu & Std: 170pts
Archers x15 w/ Mus & Std: 170pts

Phoenix Guard x25 w/ FC & Std of Disc: 420pts
Phoenix Guard x25 w/ FC: 405pts
Lion Chariot: 120pts
Lion Chariot: 120pts

RBT: 70pts
Eagle: 50pts
Eagle: 50pts
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: High Elf 2500pts

Postby SkavenInAZ » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:30 am

After my abuse at the hands of a High Elf player at Colonial, I have to say that the Frost phxs are very tough. I almost think that for the High Elfs, it's almost an auto include. Of course, everyone one there was running a Silver Helm bus as well, but I digress.

I also say you have no real hammer in this list. There's not a unit you have that large monsters or monstrous B/I/C would be worried about. Once they get through the 2 eagles, they'll be in your lines. Lion chariots are good for counter charging some things, but...
Black Templar
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Black Templar » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:44 am

Yeah, Frosties are phenomenal. I was working with what I had painted in making the list. That said, I do have a phoenix NIB that I should probably assemble for pickup games/local tournies.

I get the lack of a hammer bit - The chariots can turn into a brick of Swordmasters/WL's if needed... Or I can run one unit of PG and beef it up a bit as well as take a lvl2 mage for support.

The list I posted is not the most competitive but I do believe that it would be fun to play and play against. My thoughts on the lion chariots would be to flank the PG in order to offer a stubborn wall, as well as having the bonus of adding a handful of impact hits.

In regards to the Silverhelm bus, I much prefer it being used with DPs ... the Prince/noble ride along and a mage of somesort ends up in the 2nd rank of the unit, stacking ward saves onto the unit. The term "all of your eggs in one basket" barely contains the points sink that is this unit, however. The core would be reavers/archers to offer some combined arms... or you run a unit of spears and a wayshard hero in order to ambush/flank whatever the bus hits.
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Lightningman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 pm

For my $.02 I'd say turn all the RBTs into a frostP if you can and trade out one of the Pguard units for WL unit. I have faced multiple RBT armies a fair bit lately and they never seem to do much damage to me. Both of the phoenixes are a real pain to deal with and the WLs are always a threat I have to take seriously and their forest strider action can be a real problem for a lot of armies.
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Postby gobbla » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:12 pm

I also would swap one of the p guard unit for a white lions unit with banner of the world dragon. This will bring the close combat punch this list is lacking

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
Ninja Goblin
Warboss
Warboss

Postby Ninja Goblin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:32 pm

I like it but I do agree that it will have problems dealing with large threats in a timely manner.
Yes, I'm a ninja. No, I won't show you my moves.
I do not sleep, I wait.... It's a ninja thing, you wouldn't understand.