2500 pt Empire New Beginner

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

2500 pt Empire New Beginner

Postby AllAboutGames » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:29 pm

Hey guys, here is my first attempt at 2500 pt Empire Army. I am just getting back into Warhammer so just trying to feel an army out. I bought a battalion box and am getting an army started. So I want to get some ideas before I drop my money on stuff. Let me know how it looks, constructive criticism is always a plus!

Lords:

Wizard Lord Life- 245 (with handgunners)
-Lvl 4
-Talisman of Endurance
-Channeling Staff

Grand Master - 225 (with knights)
-Ogre Blade
-Talisman of Protection
-Dawnstone
-Shield

Heroes:

Wizard Beast - 125
-Lvl 2
-Dispel Scroll

Captain - 135 (with swords)
-BSB
-Armor of Meteoric Armor

Warrior Priest - 72 (with swords)
-Enchanted Shield

Core:

40 Swordsman - 430
-FC
-Detachment 10 militia
-Detachment 10 militia

20 Handgunner - 200
-Champion w/ Repeater Handgun

14 Knights - 370
-Inner Circle
-FC

Special

Cannon - 120

Cannon - 120

5 Outriders - 115
-Champion

3 Demigryphs - 204
-FC

Rare

Luminark - 130
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: 2500 pt Empire New Beginner

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:52 pm

I'd recommend not putting the Wizard Lord with handgunners... makes them easy to panic and perhaps run off with your main magic user. It also makes them a high priority target for your opponent.

I'd also replace Swordsmen with Halberders, which is the preferred State Troop in this edition.

15 Knights with the hero is a big investment in points. You may struggle to get that many points back out of them. Try it and see how you like it though.
AllAboutGames
Warchief
Warchief

Postby AllAboutGames » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Hey thanks for the feedback.

Okay, so Halberds with no shields I'm assuming right? and for the wizard lord it would be better for him to just hang out around the back but not actually be in a unit?

And for the knights, I was thinking either them or anyother big infantry block and get a steam tank. but i figured i could run them on one flank and the demi's on the other flank.
Lightningman
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Lightningman » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:19 pm

/agree with big H on all he said.

I also wonder if you might dump channeling staff and move the dispel scroll to him and drop the 2nd caster. Seems like a lot of points in characters for empire. Might net you a mortar or something. Flagellants are not amazing but having an unbreakable unit can be super useful.

Personally I hate the feeling I get when I have 2 casters and roll a 3 for winds of magic which I have done quite a lot.
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Postby gobbla » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Handgunners are not good in this edition. If you want some shooting replace them with a hellblaster and an engineer for rerolls. I ve had great results with this unit. No shield on the hallerdiers is needed. Use the warrior priest for the 5+ ward save instead. Try to fill a steam tank if you can, I would reduce the size of yor inner circle and drop a cannon or two for a steam tank. Send it to the units you can t win against and start grinding.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
celt
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby celt » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:12 am

A Helblaster (or two) with engineer is a deadly combo.