Colonial GT Lizard V2.0 Now with more lizardly flavor

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: Colonial GT Lizard V2.0 Now with more lizardly flavor

Postby SkavenInAZ » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Not bad.. when we testing it out?
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:37 am

Have you thought about putting in a couple scar vets on cold ones, and use them as cowboys, hunting chaff, war machines, hero assassins.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.
Winning at Warhammer is important, VERY important. It shows the entire universe how big your little toy soldiers' pee-pees are.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
cmccracken86
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby cmccracken86 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:45 am

Going to come down on friday and play hines. As for character hunting ill use slaan with death or the ripperdactyls with killing blow.
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:14 pm

K. Around 6 again?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Stole this from another site for ideas for Cold one Cowboys.

Scar-vet #1: Cold One, Light Armour, Halberd. Dawnstone, Dragonhelm. 143 points. 4x WS5 S6 attacks with Predatory Fighter, 2x WS3 S4 attack. T5, re-rollable 1+ AS, 2+ WS vs Flaming.

Scar-vet #2: Cold One, Halberd Armour of Destiny 147 points. 4x WS5 S6 attacks with Predatory Fighter, 2x WS3 S4 attack. T5, 1+ AS, 4+ Ward.

Scar-Vet #3: Cold One, Light Armour, Halberd Sacred Stegadon Helm of Itza, Luckstone 151 points. 4x WS5 S6 attacks with Predatory Fighter, 2x WS3 S4 attack, D3 S5 impact hits. T6, 1+ AS with one re-roll.

Scar-Vet #4: Cold One, Light Armour, Halberd Trickster's Helm 156 points. 4x WS5 S6 attacks with Predatory Fighter, 2x WS3 S4 attack. T5 forcing re-rolls on succesful to-wound rolls, 1+ AS

Scar-Vet #5: Cold One, Light Armour, Shield Ogre Blade, Dragonblade Gem 155 points. 4x WS5 S7 attacks with Predatory Fighter, 2x WS3 S4 attack. T5, 1+ AS, 2+ WS vs Flaming

Primarily, it's the combination of low point cost and two strong defenses in Toughness and AS. Exalted Hero costs 30 more points as a base and has one point lower toughness. The Exalted guy wins with WS (7 making some units need 5+.) and a bunch of stuff that's not that relevant, such as Initiative. Due to lack of Predatory Fighter and Cold-Blooded, he's also hitting less and is more likely to run. He also has problems if he wants to use any of the magic items listed as heavy armor, as those reduce his armor save. (Rather than increasing it, since Saurus have 5+ Scaly Skin)

These guys are expendable, can take on entire units in combat for a while, (#1 and #2 are likely to survive a charge from White Lions, for example. 10 attacks dealing less than one wound on average to them.) and the Cold-Blooded keeps them in combat quite reliably. The guys with 2+ WS vs Flaming can also deal with some random poop really well.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.
Winning at Warhammer is important, VERY important. It shows the entire universe how big your little toy soldiers' pee-pees are.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:02 pm

So, how did the playtesting go?
GT Record
Who the hell cares.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:02 pm

I didn't make it last weekend b/c I was sick.

We'll let you know this weekend.
cmccracken86
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby cmccracken86 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:15 am

I have thought about scar vets. But id have to either drop a brick or drop a couple of chaff units. Slaan just eats up to many points to do a couple cowboys. When i try a more combat oriented list ill run like 3 or 4 cowboys.
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:06 am

I would drop a couple chaff to fit them in. they will serve the same purpose and can pull double duty as hunters and assassins.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 am

We can play test whenever. B I think my stupid work schedule and being sick is almost over. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2