VC list for S&G's

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
Twitch
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

VC list for S&G's

Postby Twitch » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:13 pm

While I don't really plan playing Warhammer in the immediate future, I figured I'd put together a VC list tonight just for the sake of conversation. What do you guys think?

Lord:

Level 4 Necro - 50 pts of magic items tbd. I'm thinking about running him almost naked just because I would do my best to let him never see combat

Heroes:

Vampire, Red Fury, GW, 2+ AS
Vampire, Red Fury, GW, 4+ Ward, might be 5+ if I choose to give the 4+ to my lvl 4
Vampire, Red Fury, GW, ASL and no bonuses to Strenght, HA

Core
40 Zombies
40 Zombies
25 Skele FC
25 Skele FC
25 Skele FC
5 Dire Wolves
5 DW
5 DW
5 DW

Special
3 Vargheist
3 Vargheist
3 Varghest

Rare
Varghulf
Varghulf
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: VC list for S&G's

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Zombies are better than skeletons.. they're really not in the meta.

Varghulf are ok -- but you're better with Terrorgheists, plus it goes with your flying circus theme.

Not sure on your hero mix... the heroes are pretty pricey and on foot not very well protected.
Twitch
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Twitch » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm definitely not against the terrogheists, and could probably swap them in by looking into the points more. The idea for the heroes and skeles was that the classic vamps provide kills while skeles provide combat res. With a 4+ 6+ I feel like the skeles can wither a few blows while the vamps can peel about a rank of the enemies troops. I do agree that they are pricey and still squishy though. Any other suggestions?
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:18 am

They have a 5+ (LA+S)/6+. Takes the survivability way down. So I have the option of ignoring the Vamp and killing Skeletons, or, knowing that the Vamp is ASL and not heavily armored as he's on foot, I might just direct everything at him first.

Need a scroll.

I like the idea of the Vargheists, but experience shows me that Frenzied LD7 flying things will often charge entirely the wrong unit. I know when you played you were good enough to deal with that issue, but it is something to take into account.

Your army looks like a half scream list (albeit w/o the screams) and half of a bunker list (without the Mortis Engines). I think that a smart general will destroy the fast moving stuff and then make you try to get points out of his army with zombies and skeletons. It will be hard to do that I believe, but not impossible.

I own everything but the Vargeists. When you want to try it out?