My proposed army..

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

My proposed army..

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:43 pm

This is an adaption of what I took to the Alamo last year. With the new WoC book, I knew I'd need more things to kill heavily armored troops and cavalry with, so out came the Plague Monks and in go StormVermin. Also added a Doomwheel to the equation to help with large monster killing in case of Chimera or Stegadons or the like. Worked reasonably well in my 2 test games so far, if you remove my stupidity from the equation.

2500 Pts - Skaven Roster

Grey Seer (1#, 295 pts)
. . 1 Grey Seer, 295 pts (General; Hand Weapon)
. . . . 1 Warpstone Tokens
. . . . 1 Earthing Rod
. . . . 1 Talisman of Endurance

Warlord (1#, 228 pts)
. . 1 Warlord, 228 pts (Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield)
. . . . 0 War-Litter
. . . . 1 The Fellblade

Chieftain (1#, 117 pts)
. . 1 Chieftain (Battle Standard Bearer), 117 pts (Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer)
. . . . 1 Obsidian Lodestone

Warlock Engineer (1#, 45 pts)
. . 1 Warlock Engineer, 45 pts (Hand Weapon)
. . . . 1 Doomrocket

Warlock Engineer (1#, 90 pts)
. . 1 Warlock Engineer, 90 pts (Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Verminous Valour; Level 1 Wizard; Hand Weapon)
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll

Skavenslaves (50#, 102 pts)
. . 50 Skavenslaves, 102 pts (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon)

Stormvermin (44#, 378 pts)
. . 43 Stormvermin, 378 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy Armour)
. . . . 1 Fangleader (Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy Armour)
. . . . 1 Razor Standard

Giant Rats (6#, 23 pts)
. . 5 Giant Rats, 23 pts
. . . . 1 Packmaster (Hand Weapon; Whip; Light Armour)

Giant Rats (6#, 23 pts)
. . 5 Giant Rats, 23 pts (Scurry Away!)
. . . . 1 Packmaster (Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Hand Weapon; Whip; Light Armour)

Giant Rats (6#, 23 pts)
. . 5 Giant Rats, 23 pts
. . . . 1 Packmaster (Hand Weapon; Whip; Light Armour)

Clanrats (30#, 155 pts)
. . 29 Clanrats, 155 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)
. . . . 1 Clawleader (Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)

Gutter Runners (7#, 126 pts)
. . 7 Gutter Runners, 126 pts (Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Sling; Throwing Star; Poisoned Attacks; Scouts; Skirmishers)

Gutter Runners (7#, 126 pts)
. . 7 Gutter Runners, 126 pts (Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Sling; Throwing Star; Poisoned Attacks; Scouts; Skirmishers)

Warp Lightning Cannon (1#, 90 pts)
. . 1 Warp Lightning Cannon, 90 pts
. . . . 3 Engineer & Crew

Warp Lightning Cannon (1#, 90 pts)
. . 1 Warp Lightning Cannon, 90 pts
. . . . 3 Engineer & Crew

Doomwheel (1#, 150 pts)
. . 1 Doomwheel, 150 pts (Causes Terror; Immune to Psychology; Large Target)
. . . . 1 Crew (Warlock & Rats)

Hell Pit Abomination (1#, 235 pts)
. . 1 Hell Pit Abomination, 235 pts (Causes Terror; Large Target; Regenerate; Stubborn; Thunder Stomp)

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 523 (0 - 625)
Points of Heroes: 252 (0 - 625)
Points of Core: 839 (625 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 252 (0 - 1250)
Points of Rare: 565 (0 - 625)
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Re: My proposed army..

Postby honorandglory » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:52 pm

We talked at length on the bsb issue, just took a really good look at your grey seer, and he has the same problem, a 5+ save. Why not pay the 15 more points to up tis to a 4+? He is the single most important model in you army, I don't think I would skimp on his protection.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.
Winning at Warhammer is important, VERY important. It shows the entire universe how big your little toy soldiers' pee-pees are.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Again, if they get to the bunker, I'm f'd either way. 5+ gives him a 2+ vs. magic, which is what I'm more concerned with.
Twitch
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Twitch » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:54 pm

I would consider putting the plague monks back in Hines. With warp lightning cannons, the doom wheel, the HPA, and the greyseer you should have no problem dealing with warriors. If anything you can remove some of their highest points and then just play denial. The great thing about the plague monks is that hardly anyone, if anyone, will ever get those points from you. IIRC storm vermin are only str 4 or 5, with a 4 or 5+, and are only T3. While they might help you a little more against warriors, they are probably going to get eaten by some other armies. The strength of the last list I played against was that when you looked across the table there wasn't any unit that would be easy points. Other than that though I would say your list looks great. I'm sure you'll do well dude!

Edit: I see that you are planning on making the stormvermin your bunker for your grey seer. If you are going to do that then you will probably never through them in combat vs a warrior unit, which kind of defeats your original reasoning for bringing them. Also, I think when we played you brought both the stormvermin and the plague monks, if so, where are all your points going this time?
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Twitch:

Problem with Warriors is that noone takes Warriors. 6 chariots is what I will run into for Core at this tourney. PMs can't touch those, even with a furnace. Other popular choices are Chimeras, Skullcrushers, etc... all of which PMs will not be effective in against.

And the SV are definitely NOT the bunker for the Seer. That's where the guy with the Fellblade sits. Seer hides in the Clanrat bunker just behind the SV.

I may have brought both units last time. Added in the Warlord and a Doomwheel and a few more Gutter Runners.
Twitch
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Twitch » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Ah I didn't know that 6 chariots was now standard! Are the SV str 5? If so, then I'd definitely understand the choice to replace them vs warriors. How popular is that army though? IMO it seems like more of a question of are you going to see more warriors esque armies or light infantry type armies. Personally, I still feel like you have enough answers to a warriors army without storm vermin, so I would still go with the monks.
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:21 am

WoC is the best book in the game, so extremely likely to see 2-3 of these. SV are only S4. However, against chariots, the Warlord who is S10 and does D6 wounds per hit does all the damage. The SV are there for the light infantry. WS4 and I5 and 35 attacks in Horde gives them a good ability to put a hurt on whatever comes to them. PMs also fall down here only being S3.
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:52 am

Looking through alot of tournament battle reports, I actually see very few people taking chariots as their core ( me not withstanding). I am seeing a lot of 18 to 24 man blocks backed up by a couple chariots.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.
Winning at Warhammer is important, VERY important. It shows the entire universe how big your little toy soldiers' pee-pees are.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Which still make sv the better choice

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:47 am

Tested this out against McCracken the other night. Couple bad rolls on his part, but the list did what it needed to do. Win the chaff war and put the SV in position to make a big charge. Magic wasnt very effective but that's expected going against the big frog. Lefty ate one flank and that's all she wrote.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2