Colonial GT army

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Re: Colonial GT army

Postby honorandglory » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Cannons may be an issue, but small arms and most spells are meh. It has 19 non dog and hero models and 9 of them have multiple wounds, all have good toughness and armour. The hounds and heroes are fast enough to get to war machines quickly and nothing is too expensive to lose except the Sorcerer lord. But this is an issue all chaos face, I don't see a ranked unit helping in this regard.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.
Winning at Warhammer is important, VERY important. It shows the entire universe how big your little toy soldiers' pee-pees are.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
Twitch
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Twitch » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:46 pm

I'd have to agree with everyone else Jon, I would rework your list. I don't think your issue is hitting power though, I believe it's staying power. Just a heads up on my advice though, I haven't seen the new WoC book so some of what I'm saying could be a bad idea. Putting so many points into chariots is a lot of points in a single d6 on the charge. With so many big ish units that are probably being played these days I feel like the chariots are a bad idea, you can easily roll low on impact hits and then lose 2 chariots for some bs reason. Without the mark of slaanesh on them you could also potentially lose them to ld checks, which could cause things to go even further south for you. I could see you having a really tough time with VC/TK/Skaven. I like everything else in the list though.

I would suggest 2 blocks of marauders and 2 blocks of warriors (I would do 25 man and 12/18 man respectively) in place of the chariots. It will help with the staying power and in addition will help with any possible objectives that might pop up during the tourney. I don't know the minimum unit size on the bloodcrushers, but you could even change your group of three to two groups of two and run them in conjunction with the two marauder blocks. Sure they might get hit with cannon fire, but even 1 bloodcrusher will do quite well in combat with the marauders. I don't know what the points breakdown on this will be, but if 2 blocks of marauders and 2 blocks of warriors is too expensive, then I would just drop 1 block of warriors.

Hope this helps and good luck!
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:36 am

Their staying power is not bad, they have 4str 5 and 2 str 4 attacks each. Your right about big units, but people are playing usually 1 or 2 large combat blocks and a couple support blocks. 2 to 3 chariots should kill a support unit quite quickly, and late game slam one of the main blocks with everything I have left.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.
Winning at Warhammer is important, VERY important. It shows the entire universe how big your little toy soldiers' pee-pees are.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL