Colonial GT army

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Colonial GT army

Postby honorandglory » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:33 pm

This is the list I plan on taking to the Colonial GT. Most of you know me and my play style, thoughts?

Sorceror lord ,mark of Slaanesh(lore or shadow), steed, chaos familier, talisman of preservation, over blade, charmed shield.
1+armor save 4+ward, +1 to Channel , 5 spells, ignore first hit, str 6. In the list for hexes and dispel ability. Can hold his own in combat as well.

Exalted hero mark of tzeench, Bsb, third eye, talisman of endurance, sword of might,steed,shield
1+ armor, 4+ ward rerolling 1str 6. Standard bsb, high str so can take out MC pretty well.

Exalted hero mark of Nurgle, harberd, dragon helm, opal amulet steed.
1+ armor,4+ one shot ward,2+ flame ward, str 6. Monster hunter, particularly K,dai. Which I hear are in ever CD list.

Exalted hero mark of Khorne, flail, helm of many eyes, dawn stone, soul feeder, steed
1+ armor with reroll, str 7 in the first round, regains wounds, ASF. This is my challenge monkey.

6 chariot

Fast, maneuverable, tough,hard hitting,well armoured.

3 5 man hounds with vanguard
Standard chaff, redirectors, war machine hunters, screens

2 5 man Chaos Knight units ensorcelled weapons,musician,standard bearer
Hero protectors and support units hunters.secondary main line units

3 Skullcrushers, ensorcelled weapons,
Mainline heavy hitters,

The entire list is fast, heavily armoured, and hits like a ton of bricks. The issues I see are multiple cannon and multiple large blocks. Single large blocks are not a problem since a multi chariot charge will smash it.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.
Winning at Warhammer is important, VERY important. It shows the entire universe how big your little toy soldiers' pee-pees are.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Re: Colonial GT army

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:39 pm

K'daai need magical weapons to be hurt without rerolling to wound.
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:56 pm

Not so much worrying about killing/wounding them quickly as just holding them in place for a while and off.the.rest of my army .2+ flaming ward and 4str6WS7 should let me grind them down eventually.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.
Winning at Warhammer is important, VERY important. It shows the entire universe how big your little toy soldiers' pee-pees are.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:00 am

That's all well and good, but why take the chance of you flubbing a roll and losing that model and then the game because if it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:07 am

Because there are no more good cheap magic weapons. He will also be good as a replacement challenge monkey against a unit with the eternal flame banner, or flaming DP or thirster.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
gobbla
Warchief
Warchief

Postby gobbla » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:34 am

I like the list. I would recommend to switch to the Slaanesh lore instead of Shadow because of your list build. That will give you 2 spells to take care of war machines giving them random mvt they won t be able to shoot Those spells are also great against a deathstar you do not wish to engage.Making steadfast units test on 3d6 and discount the lowest roll is awesome for breaking them and the lore attribute is just icing on the cake if your lord is in combat and roll some 6s.
I would also try to add a 4th Skullcrusher if this is your main line.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:20 pm

I thought about both Slaanesh, and Nurgle lore. Slaanesh just seems meh, and nurgle is too dice intensive. I really like the hexes in shadow. still not sure though, it is my main hangup for the.list
GT Record
Who the hell cares.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:23 pm

I agree, Dmitri. I've been telling him this list is to weak to take to a big tournament. Needs more hitting power

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
honorandglory
Warboss
Warboss

Postby honorandglory » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:31 pm

The list has a ton of hitting power.Execpt the horses and dogs mothing is under STR5. Everything has high weapon skill,high INIT, and multiple attacks.
GT Record
Who the hell cares.

GOD WILLS IT

Tonight we dine in HELL
SkavenInAZ
Hordemaster
Hordemaster

Postby SkavenInAZ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:31 pm

And only 17 models that aren't dogs or heroes. A few cannon shots wreck this list, as do any lucky magic or other shooting attacks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2