New VC 2500pt Monster Mash List

Post your army lists for Warhammer Fantasy here.
Black Templar
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

New VC 2500pt Monster Mash List

Postby Black Templar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi guys,

This list is designed for maneuverability and hard hitting units. I know many of the parts are vulnerable to shooting but they can't shoot everything... Criticism appreciated, thanks!

Lords:
Vampire Lord -- Lvl1 (Vamps), Zombie Dragon, Red Fury & Quickblood, Hvy Armor/Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Sword of Might = 621

Heroes:
Vampire -- Lvl2 (Vamps), BSB, Coven Throne, Quickblood & Fear Incarnate, Hvy Armor/Enc. Shield, Sword of Battle, Opal Amulet = 489

Necromancer -- Lvl1 (Vamps), Master of the Dead, Dispel Scroll = 110

Core:
Skeletons x40 w/ FC & Screaming Banner = 255
Skeletons x15 w/ FC = 105
Zombies x21 w/ Std = 68
Ghouls x20 = 200

Special:
Vargheist x3 = 138
Vargheist x3 = 138
Hexwraith x5 = 150

Rare:
Terrorgheist = 225

------------------

The army totals out at 2499pts. The idea is for the terrorgheist & zombie dragon to go rampaging around the flank/backfield of the enemy until one of the blocks of troops gets engaged in combat. Then, they fly in for flank charges to support.

The coven throne & screaming skele unit combo charge for a fearbomb and can support the big nasties by denying steadfast to something they are stuck in combat with.

The vargheists are the big distraction in the army. If you shoot them then you are ignoring the terrorgheist and the zombie dragon... if you ignore them then they will wreck your backfield on their own and can provide a punch to one of the infantry blocks. Being frenzied for them is less of an issue because the general is mobile.

The five hexwraiths do the job of spirit hosts in other peoples' lists, with the option of running thru units for hits. The downside of their lack of marching is mitigated by the general being mobile.

I admit that only having a level two as my highest level caster is a drawback, but eventually something has to give. With the general on the dragon, this list can target enemy character bunkers to help with their casters.

Lastly, the 15 man block of skeles will act as the character bunker for the necro who will be spending the game trying to get IoN off (and growing his bunker size + the zombies).

Thoughts? Thanks!
Black Templar
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: New VC 2500pt Monster Mash List

Postby Black Templar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:08 pm

You can also drop the coven throne and the hexwraiths freeing up 380pts. Those points can be used to bring the necromancer to level 2, add two cairn wraith heroes (to buff up the line troops and add terror) and add another terrorgheist.

I think I like this better then the original because I am not sure that the throne can earn back its points and I am sure a 2nd terrorgheist can be more useful than the hexwraiths.