Firestorm Armada

Battlefleet Gothic, Firestorm Armada, and any other Sci-Fi themed games.
kodoth
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Firestorm Armada

Postby kodoth » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:58 pm

Hey guys,

We are starting a Firestorm Armada group up am Imperial Outpost Games. Tuesday nights around 5pm. We don't want to detract form the East side guys on Mondays. Unfortunately, I have school work on Mondays and Fridays are spoken for by the wife.

I have two small fleets Terran and Drindenzi, but I will collect and build up my forces. My buddy is collecting Hawk industries stuff.

Come join us.
Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: Firestorm Armada

Postby Bruno » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Hmmm I have the starter box and really want to play this game. I work on Tuesday and don't get off till 5 and need to drive from Surprise so 6 would be the earliest I can be at the shop. I can't play every Tuesday but put me down for a few games. Very exciting news and I's am ready to play with unpainted models. Sorry just picked up the starter box a few weeks ago. Also I have the starter box for Planet Fall and will be picking up HALO soon. I will do what I can to help grow these games on the West Side.
kodoth
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby kodoth » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Sounds like a plan. I will see you tomorrow.

Bruno are you Mike?
Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Bruno » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:46 pm

That is what most people call next to a few names I can't say on this forum. I will be at the shop around 6ish and will bring my toys.
Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Bruno » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:01 pm

TJ thanks for running me through the game. I have a lot of fun and I like this game. I would like to set something up for at least once a month to play something from Spartan games. I am becoming a big fan of their game systems.
kodoth
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby kodoth » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:31 am

No problem, I am sure we can do that.
Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Bruno » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:51 am

last night I picked up some more stuff for my fleet. I need to get moving on them with some paint. Just busy with all my other projects right now.
Bolfry
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Bolfry » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:57 pm

You guys still playing at IO on Tuesdays? I may have to make the drive out to meet and greet. I used to be an anchor at Empire for Mondays and Fridays, but have since moved my part of the operation up to Odyssey on Fridays. The crew at Empire know that it's up to them to keep it alive down there while I try to drum up more players for us up Scottsdale way.

Here's a facebook group that's been started in case you're interested:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/firesto ... 911222654/

I'm also mulling the following over. Please provide feedback:

Imma just gonna leave this here for comments and to see if'n anyone may be interested....I'll post it again after I get some input from you all (and see what sort of interest we have) to make it official that it will happen. This is just a "poll" and for feedback.
Firestorm Escalation League
Who: Firestorm Armada Players in the Phoenix, AZ area
When: September 24, 2015 – November 12, 2015
Why: To have fun and grow in rules/faction knowledge and make more friends (get more players!)
Where: Your friendly neighborhood games store
What:
Each week you are allowed to play 2 games for league points. (But you are encouraged to play as many games as you can fit in!)
Weeks run from Friday to Thursday. It is up to you to schedule your games but there are the following restrictions: You may NOT play the same player twice (2 times) in one (1) week, and you may NOT play the same player more than five (5) times for the entire duration of the league (for league points that is, but you can play whoever you want as often as you want.)
You MUST play the same faction for the entire league, and it MUST be your core faction when allied forces are permitted. You MUST play the same list during any single league week to earn points. Each week the point value for fleet construction goes up you must include all forces previously used (per the calendar). Allied forces are not permitted until specified in the week listing.
Points tallied are as follows:
1 Point for a loss (by Battlelog)
2 Points for a draw (by Battlelog)
3 Points for a win (by Battlelog)
3 Points if you completed the mission objective (or special objective for your faction) The mission/objective points do NOT count toward your battlelog UNLESS the mission specifies that is the case, and if the mission points count toward your battlelog you do NOT get the additional 3 points for the league.
Players MUST play the mission of the week to earn league points. (Yes, expect a custom mission or two.) Missions will be released on the Friday the league week starts.
BOTH players will email me with the following information no later than the Friday of the next week or their points will be counted as zero (0) for that week:
Opponent, Outcome (win/loss/objectives/battlelog points scored), Date and location played, your fleet list
Week schedule:
25 Sep – 1 Oct 550 Points (This is what a single Patrol Fleet box can manage.)
2 Oct – 8 Oct 550 Points (This list MUST be used for all following games but is added upon in points.)
9 Oct – 15 Oct 900 Points
16 Oct – 22 Oct 900 Points
23 Oct – 29 Oct 900 Points (This list MUST be used in all following games but is added upon in points.)
30 Oct – 5 Nov 1200 points (Allied forces are permitted for this week’s games. The previous week’s fleet list may be adjusted down to permit allied factions at a maximum point value of 25% of the fleet’s 1200 points for this week. This is to encourage flavor and experimentation of allied forces.)
6 Nov – 12 Nov 1200 points. 50% Fleet points for Natural Allies permitted. No list requirements other than those as outlined in the current rules.
Whoever has the most points at the end of the league is the winner. Prize support (and structure of winnings) is being worked on but yet to be determined. Entry fee $5/player. If enough players sign up, I’d also like to run a “finalist match day” with the top four (4) players doing a double-elimination to determine our “Top Dog.”
NOTE: Not everyone has enough fleet collected yet to fill all the point values. This is to encourage further purchasing, of course; however, let’s all be nice about letting players run proxies (in case they don’t have funds, aren’t sure they want that unit yet, etc). Just make sure that if proxies are used all players at the table are clear what is what before the game starts and during game play.
Shadowman818
Warchief
Warchief

Postby Shadowman818 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi, I didn't know where to post this for sure, so I figured this may be a good spot.

I noticed a sign at IO about a demo day for Firestorm Armada on Saturday Oct 17. I have both work and family commitments all weekend and was wondering if it would be possible to get in a demo at a different time. Just as a note, I live in western El Mirage and going to Empire is currently out of the question for the time being. IO is doable.
Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Bruno » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Shadowman818 I know what it is like living out west and traveling to play games, I live in Surprise. If you can't make it then we should schedule some a day to play some games. I really want to build up the community in the West Valley with Armada and other Spartan Games.