HALO

Battlefleet Gothic, Firestorm Armada, and any other Sci-Fi themed games.
Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

HALO

Postby Bruno » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:06 am

I have been looking for a Capital Ship game and my interest is leaning towards Firestorm Armada but I have also been looking at HALO. Both games are from Spartan Games and from what I can tell the game mechanics are similar with move and shoot but HALO has custom dice and commander cards. Firestorm Armada is more of a traditional miniature game with exploding D6. The miniatures for both games are outstanding for what they are, big space ships.

I know Empire carries and supports Spartan Games, Planet Fall and Firestorm Armada. Almost all the rest of the games stores support Star Wars Armada but after playing that game a few times I lost interest. Really just too much Star Wars stuff on the market and I want models I can paint not repaint. So are any of the local shops looking to bring in the HALO game? They are only releasing a two player starter set and nothing scheduled beyond that. I just feel the player base for HALO could be stronger the Firestorm Armada because it is a video game. HALO is schedule to be release on July 20 and just want to know if anyone has an interest in it.

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/halo-fleet-battles-expands-the-halo-universe-from-console-to-tabletop/
Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: HALO

Postby Bruno » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:31 am

Well since no activity on this topic took place I decided to go with Firestorm Armada. I picked up the two player starter set and for the price it was a great value. Now time to get busy painting.