Firestorm Planetfall Roll Call

Battlefleet Gothic, Firestorm Armada, and any other Sci-Fi themed games.

What Planetfall armies are you playing?

Aquan Prime
100%
Sorylian Collective
No votes
Terran Alliance
No votes
Dindrenzi Confederation
No votes
The Directorate
No votes
The Relthoza
No votes

Total votes: 1
Charistoph
Warchief
Warchief

Firestorm Planetfall Roll Call

Postby Charistoph » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:51 pm

So, I am thinking about busting a piggy bank and picking up a Core Helix or two. The question is, which one?

Right now, I'm thinking of Terran, Dindrenzi, or Sorylian.

So, to help me make my choice between League or Alliance, what are people who have already picked playing?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
kneemus
Warchief
Warchief

Re: Firestorm Planetfall Roll Call

Postby kneemus » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Is it out yet?!?! Has anybody local given it shot?
Charistoph
Warchief
Warchief

Postby Charistoph » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:25 pm

2 Player kit with an Aquan and Directorate Core Helix came out, late November (I think).

The other four Core Helixes came out in December, with some Allied Helixes to help round them out.

A few at Empire have managed to get a few Helixes. Personally, I hate overlapping where I can and adding to the overglut of an army (my Space Marines notwithstanding).
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
basaint
Warboss
Warboss

Postby basaint » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:23 pm

I know GT3k has an army, hes supposed to be grabbing Aquan for me. Theres 2 or 3 others but I cant think what they have. I want to say Dir., Dindrenzi, and Sorylian.
NightLordsOldtimer
Warboss
Warboss

Postby NightLordsOldtimer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:44 pm

It's definitely gained some interest at Empire Games, enough so that Brock went ahead and got a few copies of the 2-player starter to try out (they've sold out now; no telling when he'll get more, or expand to carry the other factions' helixes). I've seen a few demo games, and it looks interesting, but I'm not as keen on the models as I am the Dropzone Commander ones, plus I've already branched out from 40K to DzC to, now, X-Wing, and that's a lot of gaming systems for me to be actively involved in all at the same time (although, to be fair, I haven't played a game of 40K in almost a year, I've been so enthralled by DzC, and trying to build up a local community of players). Getting into yet another game would surely be the straw that breaks my wife's back!

It's interesting how there's been a kind of blossoming of alternative games to what GW & PP offer. There was a demo session of Infinity last Saturday at Empire, and it was well attended! 4 tables were going nonstop from 11:00 AM to about 5:30 or 6:00. The Infinity models sure are nice, but, yet again, another system, and I've yet to get bored with DzC, and am still trying to get more games of X-Wing in.

Also, there's a regular group of guys who have resurrected BattleTech at Empire, usually on Tuesday nights, although I was there tonight and with the new semester of school starting there were far fewer guys than usual, and no games ensued. But once again, it's gotten Brock's attention enough for him to buy several copies of the new BT starter set. Most guys have just pulled their own old collections out of their closets and dusted them off, and are now old enough (and skilled enough) to start applying paint jobs to what were bare metal minis for so long...

I guess we're seeing the results of the backlash of people's reaction to and perception of GW's recent actions and direction. There's still 40K going on, and WHFB, but more and more it's not just 40K with some Fantasy and a good dose of WarmaHordes that's just being played; you'll find any number of "alternative" games being played when you walk up to a random table...

Good luck to the burgeoning PlanetFall community! Don't let it fizzle out, at least not too soon, or we'll never get the LGS owners in the Valley to consider new, alternative games again! LOL!
A bad day of gaming beats a good day of work (or school) every time!