Heavy Gear Plastics Kickstarter

Battlefleet Gothic, Firestorm Armada, and any other Sci-Fi themed games.
Ponatowski
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Heavy Gear Plastics Kickstarter

Postby Ponatowski » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:31 am

Bruno
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: Heavy Gear Plastics Kickstarter

Postby Bruno » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:22 pm

I am interested in backing this project. It would be $115 plus $15 shipping and I would not see anything until Nov 2015 and would venture to say more like sometime in 2016. It just seems to work then way when I back miniatures, they are a year behind. I have a collection of their metal models and just think they are some of the best I have seen for Stompy Robots. Their rule system has always been a issue for me. I never really understood how to play the game after trying to learn it a few times. If somebody has any input on the rules please chime in, I would like to hear how the rules play.

Tom if you are going to jump in let me know.
Ponatowski
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: Heavy Gear Plastics Kickstarter

Postby Ponatowski » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:38 pm

I have never owned their model, but have always thought they were nicely done. As for rules, my understanding is that they keep updating/tweeking them and there is a regular turn over as a result. I don't like when companies do that - a few errors requiring errata is ok, but to constantly revamp makes it hard for smaller game companies to build and maintain a following.

I backed the Reaper CAV kickstarter and from what Mike G told me, these would be smaller than those. I'm very tempted though as these are very nice IMO. I'll let you know if I end up backing it...

Tom O