American Civil War Historical games?

Flames of War, Warhammer Ancient Battles, Legends of the Old West, and other historical wargames.
Alex89
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

American Civil War Historical games?

Postby Alex89 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:18 pm

Anyone have any information on possible game systems for the American Civil war as well as groups that play it here in the valley. Been wanting to play Civil War minis game for some time and thought i would finally jump in and attempt to find some like minded people.
DrunkenSamurai

Re: American Civil War Historical games?

Postby DrunkenSamurai » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:25 pm

You should join this group - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/nor ... ulars/info

They run historical games at IO on Friday nights. They did ACW last Friday and play regularly. They do lost of other stuff as well.

If you like the Black Powder rules my friends and I put on a large game in 28mm every few months. I am sure we will play again before the end of the year.

Robert
Alex89
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Alex89 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:07 pm

I would be interested in looking into 15-10 scale
Alex89
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby Alex89 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:31 am

black powder seems ok too
mfarl2001
Grunt
Grunt

Postby mfarl2001 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 am

I'm up the hill in Prescott Valley but will travel. I used to play a lot of Jonny Reb II and then III. Also lots a Volley n Bayonet games for whole battles, don't have those rules anymore though. Was getting into a set of rules called Longstreet, a fun card driven game but really needs to be played as a series of games.
I was looking at John Hills new rules Across A Deadly Field, used the same JR basing but just two bases per reg. This is to allow for doing entire battles with several divisions with out losing the feel of the heroic little regiment that could.
here is a link for some reviews.
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=320895

The regiments looked a little funny to me with just two bases though.

Oh yea I also have Stars n Bars, but never played it, too "Empire-ish"

Let me know what you'd like to play, maybe we can get a game together, maybe at the stord just down the hill there in Phoenix, Imperial Outpost.

Oh and one more, I like those DBA/ DBM-ish games and there is a set that looked interesting. Designed to do entire battles, each stand is a Brigade.
here is a link,
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=345024
I haven't got any thing based for these rules, but do have a mess of unpainted 6mm ACW that been languishing in the box.