FoW Mid-War Tiger Company

Flames of War, Warhammer Ancient Battles, Legends of the Old West, and other historical wargames.
DrunkenSamurai

FoW Mid-War Tiger Company

Postby DrunkenSamurai » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:46 am

I am looking for some feedback from the more experienced FoW players out there. I recently purchased three Tigers and have been happily painting them up. Since I have them I might as well get in some games with them so I have been looking at some options for lists. The question is how viable are three Tiger lists at 1500 points? It seems like it would be fun to play but not fun to play against. What support option would you take with a three Tiger co?
Ponatowski
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: FoW Mid-War Tiger Company

Postby Ponatowski » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Whether you are using them for Italy or Russia, you'll have less than 400 points to spend on support and your platoons will be single Tigers. I'd look into some artillery that can provide smoke and some infantry to help keep the opposing infantry off of your 3 tanks.

Tom O
DrunkenSamurai

Postby DrunkenSamurai » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Yeah, support is a big concern. I have the points to add one, maybe two, units. But I am not sure what gaps to fill. Should I and an AA unit? I am not sure how much air support I am likely to run into. How about a platoon of FJ? Lots to think about.
cmccracken86
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby cmccracken86 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Cheap mortar platoon for smoke maybe ... then some kind of regular small infantry to hold objectives

chris