Looking for Competitive Players to Travel to National Cons

Anything to do with Warmachine and Hordes or any other Privateer Press game.
Kasil
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Looking for Competitive Players to Travel to National Cons

Postby Kasil » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:53 pm

Within the larger Warmachine community in Phoenix, we have a group that travels to multiple conventions every year with expectations of competing at a high level in the national meta. I would love to be able to grow this group in size and consistency.

The desire to practice, improve, travel and compete is what this is all about. Do this and the skills in the game will develop. In practical terms, this means setting aside time for practice games that improve your skills in the game. It also means allocating a proper amount of financial resources that are required to travel. Both are important, both require planning.

So, even if you play 40k or any other game, but want to reach a higher level of play, come on over and try a little warmachine and soon enough, you will be ready for a con. We already have a local meta that can foster players to a high level and that’s something that not many metas (in any game system) can say. The intention of this post is not to pull people from their normal gaming routine, but to add a level of focus and desire to improve game play at larger events.

If we are able to expand our group, my goal would be to help newer players to develop their game and to create a group that is capable to discussing high level tactics, list construction, list pairing and matchups.

If you are a competitive gamer by nature and would like to join a game and group that can help you to earn a trophy, then post below or send me a pm.

Comments and questions are welcome.

Thanks,
Ryan
Warmachine - Cryx, Khador
an00bis
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Re: Looking for Competitive Players to Travel to National Co

Postby an00bis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:47 am

What store would you guys usually play at?
Hordes - Gators, Pigs, Circle and Trollbloods
Warmachine - Cygnar
40k-Grey Knights
"A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have" Abraham Lincoln
Kasil
Clan Chief
Clan Chief

Postby Kasil » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:10 am

We tend to split our time between IO and Empire. Personally, I play one game at my home every Tuesday evening with BrianPHX, I get to IO for Friday night about once ever three weeks, play in ever Saturday tournament that I can make and then if I have a free Saturday I usually go spend the day at Empire.
Warmachine - Cryx, Khador
SlaaneshiCultist
Warboss
Warboss

Postby SlaaneshiCultist » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:19 am

IO is my store of choice. And now that we are in our new house, and I have gotten my much needed break to stabilize, I am looking to also ensure this group expands as I would seriously love to improve my game. So come on out and get involved. On a side note, I am actually going to be able to make it tonight to IO with NO HARBINGER. (Yes, she is at home. She is in a locked box and probably very sad and lonely. No, she is not coming out this season. No one can QQ in their cheerios since I have the Harbinger before raping my face anymore.)
Blowing peeps up since 1992
WM/H- Harby/ToM/Amon (Menoth)
FOW- Irish Guard
Malifaux- Outcasts/Guild
http://wargameraz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6 If you have not done so....for the love of jebus go here and let us know who the hell you are!
thebert
Bandmaster
Bandmaster

Postby thebert » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:57 pm

I don't how much traveling I'll be able to do in 2014, but now that my health is less of an issue I would like get better at the game.

Going to io is a bit of a pain though... It's about 50 minutes with no traffic, which is why I haven't made the Friday night trek.

I am however terrible at this game and I need to figure out how to play a lot faster.
Mifsuud
Warchief
Warchief

Postby Mifsuud » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:25 pm

We had a similar goal several years ago for a different system. What helped us get involved in non-local events was picking one and focusing on attending. Perhaps come up with a small list of events or a particular one you want to attend and post the info. Having dates and location info as far in advance as possible is crucial in organizing a visit to a large out of town event.

It also helps if you find friends who can share costs and resources. For example I would cover car rental if we needed one, sometimes one person would have points or miles for rooms. Planning far enough ahead and having at least a few reliable people in place is the key. Post up some events, dates and locations to see what interest people.
theHman
Warboss
Warboss

Postby theHman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:48 pm

SlaaneshiCultist wrote:IO is my store of choice. And now that we are in our new house, and I have gotten my much needed break to stabilize, I am looking to also ensure this group expands as I would seriously love to improve my game. So come on out and get involved. On a side note, I am actually going to be able to make it tonight to IO with NO HARBINGER. (Yes, she is at home. She is in a locked box and probably very sad and lonely. No, she is not coming out this season. No one can QQ in their cheerios since I have the Harbinger before raping my face anymore.)

Can you actually win a game without the Harbinger Mike? :lol:
broke
Grunt
Grunt

Postby broke » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:07 pm

I will be attending Kingdom Con with my khador playing buddy -- not sure if he is on these forums or not. I relish the chance to play against everyone in some more local tournies and to bounce ideas off one another for the national scene. I will be out of town for the end of March through the beginning of April so I will miss some practice time but I will try to hunker down after I return. Feel free to PM me if anyone is meeting up/attending a specific tourney or whatnot.

Thanks,
Kevin